12900KS under volt?

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a Pre built Falcon Northwest with a 12900KS. I would like to try and under volt to save on watts were ever i can with out losing any performance when doing encoding or when I am in Houdini trying to cache a Sim. I could do a search but I was looking at you guys to see any good tips or threads that you have book marked that go into detail on how to do this that YOU liked.

12900KS
64GB ddr 5 ram
Asus hero wifi Main Board
Win 10 Pro
(computer ships on the 4th)

Do they offer it with the regular K over the KS? If you're not going to push every last Mhz out of that setup, save yourself $200 and just buy the regular 12900k instead of the ks, especially if you are just going to tone down the power anyway.

Shit, This is the first time i have been with intel i am on a amd 3900x in a dan A4 case and had a 1800x before that.

They are sending a K or KF. Not sure what the difference is.

The suffix K on this unit stands for “Unlocked”. This indicates that the processor can be overclocked, which is equivalent to alter its frequencies.

The Intel Core-KF model is almost the exact same thing as the K range. The only difference between the Intel KF and the Intel K is in the integrated graphics processing. All processors marked as Intel KF lack integrated graphics, or to put it in better words, integrated graphics are disabled.
https://digitalmasta.com/intel-kf-vs-k-main-differences/

KF - No integrated graphics unlocked
K - integrated graphics unlocked
KS - super binned integrated graphics unlocked

Price is lowest to highest. KS commands the largest premium because it is a binned chip designed for the highest speeds (at the highest power). Not all regular K's will hit that speed.

If you're buying a pre-built, they will likely send you a K or KF unless you specifically request (and pay for) a KS.

Reactions: Elios
like this
Thanks for that. Any tips on under volting? Things I should watch out for or do?

Back