• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

11.11 cap 2 out

BF3 still has issues? Lemme call my 6990 CFX using buddy and tell him he's living a dream

(of course, his computer runs that ASUS sound card add-in, win7x64 on a three month old install, SSD, no overclocks)
 
And there are fixes for Skyrim CF, sure you can bitch that it isn't "official" but going around saying that your hardware doesn't work just means that you aren't really [H], specially when one of the fixes is a simple dll.
 
I think it's funny how folks here seem to think jumping the fence to NV will solve all their ills. As if team NV has never had the exact same type of driver issues. Trust me.. they have. No fanboi post here.. I've hated just about every GPU manufacturer equally at one time or another. People seem to have really short memories when their sh*t does not work right this second. Wanna hop over to team green.. have at it. As mentioned above I paid less for my 2 AMD cards than I would have for a single NV card and they destroy NV at the same price point. There are workarounds posted for the games I'm seeing complaints about. Does it suck to have to use them instead of having working drivers from the OEM? Oh hell yes... you bet. But seriously.. how long have you been playing PC games guys? Two weeks? I've had to "tweak/use custom" driver and game files for both AMD, NV, 3dfx and some others that went away over the years.

Bottom line and my advise.. take a chill pill. Don't let the driver issues ruin the game experience. If lack of drivers or a fix is ruining your gameplay.. play a different game for a bit. It's not worth the hair loss and high blood pressure.. trust me. :p

I have to disagree and I am not sure how much experience you have with high end setups with both camps. I have experience with extremely high end setups; 3x screens + 4x GPU from multiple generations in both camps and I can easily say nVidia has better drivers over the past few years.

AMD drivers are so bad that they extend beyond just game problems. As an example; with the 11.10 and 11.11 series of drivers, it won't let me simply turn on portrait eyefinity AT ALL. They crash my computer/desktop. Amazingly 11.9 and 11.12 beta work fine in that regard. That's the problem with AMD, they continually take one step forward and two steps back and break things.

I've never had a simple issue like not being able to enable surround with nVidia cards. let alone all the bad crossfire/game profiles AMD constantly deals with.
 
And there are fixes for Skyrim CF, sure you can bitch that it isn't "official" but going around saying that your hardware doesn't work just means that you aren't really [H], specially when one of the fixes is a simple dll.

Similar to many other people, the dll + RadeonPro has not fixed my problems completely. I'm only getting about 60% usage on my Crossfire 6850s. So saying that people aren't really [H] because they expect proper drivers and profiles to be released for a AAA game more than a week after release is just, well ... silly.
 
Similar to many other people, the dll + RadeonPro has not fixed my problems completely. I'm only getting about 60% usage on my Crossfire 6850s. So saying that people aren't really [H] because they expect proper drivers and profiles to be released for a AAA game more than a week after release is just, well ... silly.

No one on either brand is getting a constant 100% usage at all times. The game is cpu limited in certain situations (big towns). You should see 100% usage when exploring the countryside, but the two threads become cpu limited in towns.
 
I have to disagree and I am not sure how much experience you have with high end setups with both camps. I have experience with extremely high end setups; 3x screens + 4x GPU from multiple generations in both camps and I can easily say nVidia has better drivers over the past few years.

AMD drivers are so bad that they extend beyond just game problems. As an example; with the 11.10 and 11.11 series of drivers, it won't let me simply turn on portrait eyefinity AT ALL. They crash my computer/desktop. Amazingly 11.9 and 11.12 beta work fine in that regard. That's the problem with AMD, they continually take one step forward and two steps back and break things.

I've never had a simple issue like not being able to enable surround with nVidia cards. let alone all the bad crossfire/game profiles AMD constantly deals with.

I do not doubt the troubles you've been having. Simply expressing my experience.
 
Back
Top