10TB WD Easystore + 32GB USB $180

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by Deleted member 184142, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ND40oz

ND40oz [H]ardForum Junkie

I guess I could have paid $24 for standard shipping instead of using my shoprunner account and then waited over a month to get the drives because Newegg slow boats everything to APO addresses with their standard shipping. So yes, typical Newegg.

2. kamikazi

kamikazi Limp Gawd

It depends on who you ask. I saw a thread on reddit indicating that white labels have been found, but some are not helium drives and they idle hot. Some are the same white labels from easystore.

3. ranger671

ranger671 n00b

Has anyone that shucked one of these drives had any luck with support from WD, or are they just stating that shucked voids the warranty?

4. arnemetis

arnemetis 2[H]4U

I seem to recall someone reporting that they were able to rma just the bare drive, but it's been a while since I've really kept up, bought my nine 8tb drives 553 days ago. If you do it carefully with the plastic tabs you don't damage the case, and you can just put it back in if you have to rma. I have all my cases in my attic just in case.

5. thomps33

thomps33 n00b

I need a couple of these to start my Unraid server. Is it just best to sign up for SD notifications?