1000 Xbox 360's $100 Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
collection said:
hmm... I want to see estimations on how long this thigh will last
if its over 1 min, i am sure I can get one, no school on thursday + mom whos willing to buy it for me = WIN
If woot.com can sell 4500 bags of crap in about 3min with the crappiest servers in the world, at midnight no less, I give this less then a minute :rolleyes:

neisius said:
If woot.com can sell 4500 bags of crap in about 3min with the crappiest servers in the world, at midnight no less, I give this less then a minute :rolleyes:

sad but true..... though just like woot, i will still try :D

So true, woot servers are really slow.
neisius said:

Ok, so when any of you fail to get one of these in 45 seconds, what will you then go and spend that earmarked $100 on?? :D

day0 said:
Ok, so when any of you fail to get one of these in 45 seconds, what will you then go and spend that earmarked $100 on?? :D

I will still buy a 360, it will just have to be in the Spring.

Flexmaster said:
Its Thanksgiving, most people won't be at home or traveling. Also some might forget or not be able to make it, and a lot of people have 360's allready. Its also limited to 1 per person, so I am giving it 5 minutes.

lol damn bro you actually make me feel hopefull too bad your going to be wrong, there are way more than 1000 people in this country aware of this deal, and MOST OF THEM are ebay/resellers and not even gamers.. true gamers always miss out due to these money hungry resellers

KENNYB said:
Where do you work :D

I'm in Cocoa Beach Florida. So anyone around there should be able to get this deal, and I'm thinking this will extend to other places as well. I got all of this from my boss(store manager) so it's pretty trustworthy. And I know she wasn't mistaken the regular xbox for the 360 simply because Target doesn't carry the original anymore.

Crapinapale said:
For those of you that don't wunna worry about it, my local target and a few others that I know for sure, are selling the 360 Core systems for $120 on Black Friday and the Saturday afterwards. I don't believe it'll be listed in their ad in the paper, but I know for sure that mine will be doing this (I work there and I printed out the signs last night) :) :)

Hmmmmm does Target offer a price match if so I might go buy it tomorrow and price match Friday or Saturday. I have done it before with Black Friday deals if it's a door buster deal you have to be there during that 3 to 5 hour window. If it's a weekend long thing then just walk in any time during that weekend and you're set.

Techx said:
lol damn bro you actually make me feel hopefull too bad your going to be wrong, there are way more than 1000 people in this country aware of this deal, and MOST OF THEM are ebay/resellers and not even gamers.. true gamers always miss out due to these money hungry resellers

not if they plan ahead and get at a good computer with a good connection and watch the clock like a hawk

I don't know what the guy a few posts up is talking about. I too work at Target, and have heard absolutly nothing about the $129.99 360. When we went through all the other BF ad signing, there was no such ad for the 360. Also, it would be stupid to not actually have it in the printed ad... which I have seen, and it is not there.

Methinks he is misinformed or pulling our legs.

That said... anyone know if the amazon deal will be limit one?

Viper87227 said:
I don't know what the guy a few posts up is talking about. I too work at Target, and have heard absolutly nothing about the $129.99 360. When we went through all the other BF ad signing, there was no such ad for the 360. Also, it would be stupid to not actually have it in the printed ad... which I have seen, and it is not there.

Methinks he is misinformed or pulling our legs.

That said... anyone know if the amazon deal will be limit one?

Yep limit one per household.

That sucks the one per household rule...I want one and so does my brother, and no we don't want to resell them :(

It is a shame about the whole reselling problems, I can't blame these people, but what surprises me is the resellers are more hardcore than even the fans. If you're so dedicated to finding deals to resell things, why don't you become dedicated to life so you can earn some real money?

For $100 it's like buying the Dreamcast when it was dirt cheap, except the 360 is A LOT better :p

I'm willing to bet that this deal won't last more than 5 seconds. People will be getting in or out by fractions of a second? One minute estimates are a dream...

Pixeleet said:
I'm willing to bet that this deal won't last more than 5 seconds. People will be getting in or out by fractions of a second? One minute estimates are a dream...
I agree with your estimate. I doubt that I have a chance, but it doesn't hurt to try.

so who has written the script that will use the internet timeservers to have an somewhat accurate representation of the real-time and then will automatically query the webpage at 11:00:00.05 on thursday morning?

Pft I will be checking the site at least 15min before they start selling. Costco.com said they were selling PS3s online at 8am but they put them up 10 min early and were gone by 8am haha.

I know about 100 people at work trying to get this deal alone, everyone knows about it. Good luck. Amazon web site will be down.

Wow, people are estimating a minute?

I would say 30 seconds max. I know if there was a chance of them being there for a minute that I would already have 2 accounts set up to get two instead of one on my 1 account. Yay for having two mailing addresses.

Looks like a lot of people are going to try and do this to make up for the lack of PS3 for X-mas as well.

From what I understand this deal has been put on the national news.. Hell there might be a Million people in line for the damn thing... Way out of hand at this point and your chances are damn near nill on getting it now.

Not on my T2 if I sync my clock with Amazon's :D

Yay for amazing internet speeds in my dorm!

6,000 people have read this thread on this forum alone. Things aren't looking good for actually getting one tomorrow :(

Unless you sit there tapping F5 constantly, I don't see anyone here getting this deal. I was going to jump on it, but there's just too many damn people that know about it.

I bet at least 3000 people+ will be sitting there hitting F5. It's a hot item, and it's $200 off. Think about it.

pigwalk said:
6,000 people have read this thread on this forum alone. Things aren't looking good for actually getting one tomorrow :(

Its not the end of the world bro, Look, they are IN STOCK everywhere, you can buy one right now if you REALLY want one. Its just more expensive. Its not like there are only these 1,000 on the market.

This is more of a "Bonus Deal". than anything else.

At Worst, Its something fun to talk about.

yeah if I wasn't so damn cheap (read broke) I would just go to microcenter and get a premium for $299.

It's worth seeing if you can get one. If not, oh well. I had no plans to buy a xbox 360 but for $100 I'll give it a shot and if not, I really don't care..

TheBluePill said:
Its not the end of the world bro, Look, they are IN STOCK everywhere, you can buy one right now if you REALLY want one. Its just more expensive. Its not like there are only these 1,000 on the market.

This is more of a "Bonus Deal". than anything else.

At Worst, Its something fun to talk about.

exactly, so you do it as fast as possible and you get one, great, you got a good deal, so you are too late and you dont get in on time, oh well, nothing lost really

i seriously wonder if they have the bandwidth and capacity to handle say 30,000 orders in a matter of seconds without crashing or without some sort of issues

TheBluePill said:
From what I understand this deal has been put on the national news.. Hell there might be a Million people in line for the damn thing... Way out of hand at this point and your chances are damn near nill on getting it now.

Well, I don't thank any but the people on deal forums realize that this will be a matter of reflexes. And the average person's PC is so filled up with crap he'll be behind anyway. I'd say if you do everything right you probably have a 1 in 5 to 10 chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back