10.19.10, 11am / 3 Weeks

thax

Gawd
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
570
we are pushing them back to 3 week now it was like 2.2 weeks a few days ago good job [H]!

And this race to 4bill is fun i find myself checking our stats like 10+ times a day and im liking what im seeing! https://sites.google.com/site/evgacontests/catching-h


[H] Days To Reach 4 Billion 11.69

EVGA Days To Reach 4 Billion 13.11

thats what im talking about! it was some thing like 16 days for them 17 for us a few days ago so we are making some dam good ground up now men!
 
Hooah!

Fold on guys, we might be able to match them lol
 
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

10.20.10, 9am / 3.1 Weeks


:cool:
 
Im back online and should be at 80% of my previous totals now that the heat in SPain is over. I have (1) 920 OCed to 3900 in my file server folding bigADV (I hate the 2864 proteins; 46 minute frames), 1 borg folding gpu and Q9650 OCed to 4.0 folding A3 normal and my gaming machine (1 Gpu and 930 OCed 3900, normal A3 due to random gaming). I should be consistently producing 22K per day and upto 32K per day if Stanford figures out gpu folding on sli. I am looking to buy a refurb 460 fermi for around $100 to strictly fold on.

I am strong;y considering an upgrade to L5640s when the ES supply become more available.

I agree with Kyle; we need our GPU folding capability increased. There are alot of gpus sitting idle on our team that we could hold off EVGA with.
 
Im back online and should be at 80% of my previous totals now that the heat in SPain is over. I have (1) 920 OCed to 3900 in my file server folding bigADV (I hate the 2864 proteins; 46 minute frames), 1 borg folding gpu and Q9650 OCed to 4.0 folding A3 normal and my gaming machine (1 Gpu and 930 OCed 3900, normal A3 due to random gaming). I should be consistently producing 22K per day and upto 32K per day if Stanford figures out gpu folding on sli. I am looking to buy a refurb 460 fermi for around $100 to strictly fold on.
Way to fold!

I am strong;y considering an upgrade to L5640s when the ES supply become more available.
It's possible we've seen the very last of them. 50 was already of lot. There might be other xeon ES chips that pop in. Even at 200$ more expensive higher multipler chips would be worth it with the greater bonus.
 
Im back online and should be at 80% of my previous totals now that the heat in SPain is over. I have (1) 920 OCed to 3900 in my file server folding bigADV (I hate the 2864 proteins; 46 minute frames), 1 borg folding gpu and Q9650 OCed to 4.0 folding A3 normal and my gaming machine (1 Gpu and 930 OCed 3900, normal A3 due to random gaming). I should be consistently producing 22K per day and upto 32K per day if Stanford figures out gpu folding on sli. I am looking to buy a refurb 460 fermi for around $100 to strictly fold on.

I am strong;y considering an upgrade to L5640s when the ES supply become more available.

I agree with Kyle; we need our GPU folding capability increased. There are alot of gpus sitting idle on our team that we could hold off EVGA with.

Hi... I'm a long time lurker, but just suscribed not so long ago and been folding for 33 since then.

I think there is many people on ATI HD5xxx that can't se the benefits of folding with GPU :(

I'm one of them.
 
The 5870 will give you about 4-5k PPD. That's not too bad.
 
With all of the new dual Hex SR2's that are going to be coming online in the next week or so, I wonder whether we will have the means to combat their monthly boost from the eVGA bucks program at the beginning of each month.

We should also thank our friends over at Maximum PC.
 
Well, I brought both of my dual-Opterons back to life (I think its about ~800ppd each). At least for now. Heh. :)
 
Well, I brought both of my dual-Opterons back to life (I think its about ~800ppd each). At least for now. Heh. :)
What specs are your Opteron systems? You might be able to get more PPD from them
 
2.39GHz
3.93GB RAM
I can't seem to get SMP running without crashing though...
Which motherboards? You might need to adjust certain BIOS settings. My dual Opteron is finicky with the memory speed even if I select the module rated speeds.

Don't know how long you want to keep these systems, but you can find dirt cheap dual-core processors if you look around.

And HFM says its now 130PPD :(
If you're working on regular uni-processor units, that is about what you'll see for each processor.
 
I have a dual 280 opteron setup and its good for 2000ppd running smp.
That's exactly what I have but I run two GPU clients and use the -smp 3 flag, which results in about 1500 PPD for the SMP client @2.8GHz.
 
I have a quad socket dual opteron box that is folding along SMP in Linux and it is 10K+ . I believe they are running 2.8GHz. I am putting out 40 to 50K actual ppd depending on my units. Can't complain really. I am hoping to buy an i7 real soon to add to my stack of gear.
 
I have a quad socket dual opteron box that is folding along SMP in Linux and it is 10K+ . I believe they are running 2.8GHz. I am putting out 40 to 50K actual ppd depending on my units. Can't complain really.
That's a quad-socket dual-core for 8 total cores?

I am hoping to buy an i7 real soon to add to my stack of gear.
Get a 970 if you can't find an L5640.
 
That's exactly what I have but I run two GPU clients and use the -smp 3 flag, which results in about 1500 PPD for the SMP client @2.8GHz.

should have mentioned I've got a single GPU running in the box as well, I let them duke it out for cpu time though.
 
should have mentioned I've got a single GPU running in the box as well, I let them duke it out for cpu time though.
If you're going to have both clients on all 4 cores, assign higher priority level to the GPU client in order to get maximum system PPD.
 
If you're going to have both clients on all 4 cores, assign higher priority level to the GPU client in order to get maximum system PPD.

I get 4k-5k out of the gpu and 2k out of the smp on that box. *its only a 8800gts.
 
I get 4k-5k out of the gpu and 2k out of the smp on that box. *its only a 8800gts.
If it's a 512MB card revision, you will see around 6200 PPD with the 353-pt WUs and a decent OC of the shaders to 1728Mhz. Higher shaders will get you close to 6500 PPD on those WUs.
 
If it's a 512MB card revision, you will see around 6200 PPD with the 353-pt WUs and a decent OC of the shaders to 1728Mhz. Higher shaders will get you close to 6500 PPD on those WUs.

640meg card. Shaders are already at 1728, won't take anymore.
 
Do not be overconfident. Everything that has unfolded, and also folded, has done so according to my design. Soon, it will be October 1st, and the masses will partake of the extremely sinister EVGA Bucks program, and you will be unable to repel firepower of that magnitude.
 
Do not be overconfident. Everything that has unfolded, and also folded, has done so according to my design. Soon, it will be October 1st, and the masses will partake of the extremely sinister EVGA Bucks program, and you will be unable to repel firepower of that magnitude.


oh shit.. so scared.. ahhh... and on that note im going to sleep because you bored me death..

/me throws a nickle at itsmekirill... there ya go try again..
 
640meg card. Shaders are already at 1728, won't take anymore.

i read this as,
"She's breaking up captain, and she cant take anymore" -Scotty

I myself just added 2x 920's 2x e6600's 4x8800gtx's 1xe6850 1xFX-62 2xgtx260s

currently chewing a solid 105ppd
 
Very nice!

I just added my SR-2 rig at a temporary marginal OC of 3.33 Ghz for each Xeon x5650, and getting a massive 42K PPD out of it with those beautiful P670x units.

Yay Stanford!

Let's get those P268x units FFS!
 
I just started my T7200 laptop and my WHS server (Celeron E1200) for a total of 2200 ppd. I will start the rest soon (my i7 rig need to have the loop drained and cleaned up before getting it up and get reoverclocked properly).
 
That's a quad-socket dual-core for 8 total cores?

Get a 970 if you can't find an L5640.

Oh and the 8 core Opteron rig is doing 10K which raises my total to 40 to 50K ppd.

I was looking at picking up one of the used 920's floating around as I probably have a total of 600 bucks to make the upgrade and the upgrade is only going to be able to use the case and drives everything else will have to be replaced.
 
I just started my T7200 laptop and my WHS server (Celeron E1200) for a total of 2200 ppd. I will start the rest soon (my i7 rig need to have the loop drained and cleaned up before getting it up and get reoverclocked properly).
nice!
Are you familiar with bigadv units?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Back
Top