1. A

    Praydog releases beta of his Pancake to VR Mod - 11,000+ Unreal Engine games can now be played in VR

    Praydog UEVR Mod An absolutely insane mod! Pretty much any game in Unreal should be playable somewhat in VR. I'm going to be watching the updates of this like a hawk!
  2. Armenius

    It's official: Unreal is dead

    Epic today announced that several games are having online servers turned off and are being removed for purchase from all digital storefronts. This includes the entire Unreal series, including the unfinished alpha of the latest game...
  3. AlphaAtlas

    Unreal Engine is Getting Destructable Environment Support

    High-quality destructible environments seem like something that should be standard in 2019, but even today, it's a relatively rare thing to find in a game. It was a headlining feature Red Faction: Guerilla back in 2009, and a prominent feature in the recently released Crackdown 3, but detailed...
  4. AlphaAtlas

    Unreal Engine 4.22 Preview Adds Support for DirectX Raytracing

    Thanks to Fortnite, as well as the many other PC and console titles developed on the platform, Unreal Engine is one of the most widely used game engines on Earth. Epic Games just released a preview build of the engine, and among numerous other features and fixes, this one includes support for...
  5. FrgMstr

    Unreal Envisioned Through Unreal 4 Eyes

    It has only been a few months since we got reminded of Unreal's 20th birthday. If you missed out on the freebie, you can still grab it for $10. There are some folks that are making an effort to bring the old favorite, albeit somewhat reimagined, in Unreal Engine 4. Looks a bit shaky to me...
  6. DooKey

    Epic gives Unreal Asset Creators a Raise and Backpay

    Epic is giving Unreal asset creators on their Unreal Engine Marketplace a nice raise and backpay effective to the creation of the Marketplace in 2014. Thanks to the success of Fortnite they have decided to only take a 12 percent cut of any assets sold and the remaining 88 percent is going to the...
  7. R

    Unreal Powering The Weather Channel's Extreme Graphics

    FastcoDesign is reporting that the Weather Channel is launching a new broadcast technology called Immersive Mixed Reality. The new tech is powered by the Unreal Engine, and a custom rig built by The Future Group from Norway. The Weather Channel wants 80% of it's broadcasts to contain...
  8. FrgMstr

    Unreal is 20 Years Old

    Can you believe that Unreal is 20 years old? Steam will have a FREE Unreal Gold Edition for a limited time starting at Noon CDT. While you may not be aware of this, HardOCP's original content was published 20 years ago as well, and the title of our page was "The Unreal Framerate Page." Our...
  9. R

    Epic Games Demonstrates Real-Time Ray Tracing

    Continuing the theme from the Game Developers Conference this year, Epic Games in collaboration with ILMxLAB and NVIDIA are showing off real-time ray tracing in the Unreal 4 engine. The demo is powered by NVIDIA's RTX technology for Volta GPUs, which itself is powered by Microsoft's DirectX Ray...
  10. B

    Bakersfield, CA - LAN Party (BAKOLAN)

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bakolan/ We are voting on several dates for our upcoming LAN Parties. Join out FB group to vote on a date. We are about 2hrs north of Los Angeles. We do a lot of drinking and stick to FPS games with the occasional RTS. If you have any questions feel free to do...
  11. cageymaru

    Impulsonic Has Announced Steam Audio for VR Experiences in Unity and Unreal Engine

    Valve owned Impulsonic has announced that it is ready to release Steam Audio for VR and all games. Steam Audio is the next generation of Phonon spatial audio tools. "Steam Audio delivers a full-featured audio solution that integrates environment and listener simulation. HRTF significantly...