CoD: Advanced Warfare Features Kevin Spacey

pretty bad ass trailer for a COD game.

only question is if the gameplay has changed at all or if its the same old with a few new toys.

Call of duty with what appears to be an obvious copy of the nanosuit from Crysis, how cute.

Good actors make bad movies too. Was a good trailer, but COD games have gotten good at good trailers. I did have a laugh at the portable "chest high walls" though. :p

okay -- the story seems interesting enough, the speech was evil enough.

My problem? Even with all the eye candy turned on, everything on max, and running at 1440p it's still going to look like I'm looking through a window covered in Vaseline at low res outdated engine.

At this point why don't they just go to a subscription model if they are going to release every 365 days, with DLC in the middle every 60 days?

I suppose they had to involve him after all of the shameless plugs in House of Cards...

Good actors make bad movies too. Was a good trailer, but COD games have gotten good at good trailers. I did have a laugh at the portable "chest high walls" though. :p

Yeah that got a big WTF moment from me as well. But it is supposed to be all sorts of advanced stuff, so maybe a couple poles with some light weight carbon nanomesh <technospeak> stuff would be viable to do something like that :D

Yeah that got a big WTF moment from me as well. But it is supposed to be all sorts of advanced stuff, so maybe a couple poles with some light weight carbon nanomesh <technospeak> stuff would be viable to do something like that :D

Why not make body armor out of that and wala. bullet proof soldiers. *sigh*

Yea the kinetic energy. Seemed to be having a big transferal problem into the portable wall too right?

Kinetic energy is not conserved, momentum is. The momentum of bullets isn't much, a wall with a little support will never move.

Looks like it could be lots of fun. Might make me actually buy a CoD game for the first time in years.

<conspiracy>Wonder how much money MS handed out to have "The following was captured on XBOX ONE" added to the video. </conspiracy> :p

What I don't understand is...okay, they are going for nanosuits, mech suits, active camouflage, jump packs, even hover bikes...alright, awesome. But then the guys just have basically modern standard (maybe with some fancy looking optics) rifles? Why not go whole hog...Gauss cannons, laser rifles, etc.

If you are going to make it futuristic you may as well just go for it.

That aside, as with most CoD trailers it LOOKS really cool. However, I imagine much of the awesomeness is inside non-interactive cutscenes, like all other CoD games. The gameplay I would imagine is exactly the same...but who knows, maybe they'll surprise us... :p :rolleyes:

This trailer was just begging for hate. With that said, it will sell an obscene amount of copies on Day 1. Myself included.

People don't want freedom. They want boundaries, rules, protection. From invaders and from themselves.

Too true Kevin, too true..... And pretty funny coming from someone so vocal about his political beliefs, beliefs that would greatly curtail freedom if enacted.

Two things:
1) I'm so buying this day one, instead of waiting for a sale several months later. (A first since COD 2)
2) It's strange that this speech could be interpreted as evil, maybe I have grown cynical in my old age, but it appears to be a fairly accurate account of what the mob wants, even within our borders. Note that I said the mob, not the individual.

So what you're saying is, we should just wait till someone plays it and puts up the cutscenes? We get all the good stuff and pay nothing :D

I guess they realized that if they're going to pay celebs to be in the commercials, they may as well get'em in the game.

So what you're saying is, we should just wait till someone plays it and puts up the cutscenes? We get all the good stuff and pay nothing :D

Haha, I actually wouldn't mind that.

This game looks pretty dope though. I mean how much different can they make an FPS? You did all sorts of dynamic stuff in the last COD. I bet they'll make the SP as fun as always.

We all know this game will make RAGE look like a great purchase at $60

Coming soon, CoD: Crysis Titanfall...No titans, but a whole lot of Crysis...and the jump pack from Titanfall.

Too true Kevin, too true..... And pretty funny coming from someone so vocal about his political beliefs, beliefs that would greatly curtail freedom if enacted.

woah, it's almost as if he was acting when he said those things...

At this point why don't they just go to a subscription model if they are going to release every 365 days, with DLC in the middle every 60 days?

Call of Duty 365. LOL. Good thing Microsoft doesn't own the franchise.

I thought xbone graphics was supposed to be the shiznitz? That was ugly.

I'm sure he'll be back in a voiceover pack microDLC along with Snoop and Bieber.

totally read that in my head at first as "Soap and Boner"

probably because Soap was in the old school CoD series.... boner because... well... ummm... shutup!

How the mighty have fallen. A far cry from his American Beauty & Swimming With Sharks days.

Back