NASA Says Apollo 18 Not A Documentary

HardOCP News

[H] News
NASA wants you to know that the movie "Apollo 18" that comes out today...is not real. Here's the footage that has NASA so worried.

"Apollo 18 is not a documentary," said Bert Ulrich, NASA's liaison for multimedia, film and television collaborations. "The film is a work of fiction, and we always knew that. We were minimally involved with this picture. We never even saw a rough cut. The idea of portraying the Apollo 18 mission as authentic is simply a marketing ploy. Perhaps a bit of a 'Blair Witch Project' strategy to generate hype."

Blair Witch I wasn't to keen on. Cloverfield I enjoyed, even if I did get sea sick watching it (Horrible camera motion, I know it was the point) But This looks enjoyable.

Headline should read, "NASA to retards: Stop calling us with your goddamn conspiracy theories, this isn't real."

Whatever NASA, I would be saying the same thing if I was trying to hide an actual event

You can't launch the largest most powerful rocket ever created and keep it a secret. So I wonder about the people at NASA who thought they needed to tell people that this wasn't a documentary.

This may be the reason why NASA has made this comment, from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
The film was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia and stars actors Lloyd Owen and Warren Christie.[4] However, it has been promoted as a "found footage" film that does not use actors. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Dimension Films head Bob Weinstein denied the film was a work of fiction, stating that “We didn’t shoot anything, we found it. Found, baby!”[5][6] The film will be distributed by Dimension Films.[7]

The Science & Entertainment Exchange provided a science consultation to the film's production team.[8] This is because NASA, which typically serves as a science consultant to science fiction films, refused to do so for this film. NASA spokesperson Bert Ulrich explicitly stated that the film was fiction and called it a "'Blair Witch Project' strategy to generate hype", noting that NASA hadn't even seen a rough cut.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_18_(film)

I think it would be obvious to most people that the footage isn't real, but I'm sure there are some people who would fall for it.

Since NASA is denying it then it must be true :p

I bet Moonraker is also a documentary

Well DUH, we know its not a documentary because all the landings were faked. Seriously NASA, do you think we are *that* stupid?

Your not going to get a Saturn 5 (launched in Florida) off the ground without a few people noticing. When we see the "flight crew" in other films, or read the credits at the end of this film. The truth will be known.

But Armageddon was a documentary right? Because I distinctly remember one day going outside and cheering like crazy when I was little, but can't remember why.

Well Jesus taco eating CHRIST why, WHY is it even necessary to have to say this in the first place? Are people really that fucking stupid....oh wait....they are.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

when i first saw one of the commercials for this movie i was like oooo this may be good .

some kinda cosmonaut murder conspiracy with a lil governments being bad in space .

then i saw another commercial where the astronaut yells "There is Something in mY suit !!!!" and it fell apart from there . and became the evil alien on the moon eating astronauts movie :(

But Armageddon was a documentary right? Because I distinctly remember one day going outside and cheering like crazy when I was little, but can't remember why.

No, that was on a July 4th when we blew up those alien saucers over the cities.

It's truly sad that NASA feels the need to come out like this.

It's even sadder that some dumbass out there is going to think it must be real because NASA went out of their way to say it's not.

Whew, thanks NASA! I never would have known!!! :rolleyes:

:D

Sadly a number of people likely wouldn't have known this.

As I tell people "Always bet on stupid! Since while you wont always be right, the odds will be strongly in your favor!"

You can't launch the largest most powerful rocket ever created and keep it a secret. So I wonder about the people at NASA who thought they needed to tell people that this wasn't a documentary.

Because people actually believe the moon landings were faked. Those type of people think this is a documentary I'd imagine.

I'll always remember that fateful day when Bruce Willis gave his life up for the rest of us. Rest in peace.

Sadly a number of people likely wouldn't have known this.

As I tell people "Always bet on stupid! Since while you wont always be right, the odds will be strongly in your favor!"

No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the record for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

H.L. Mencken

Bullshit, next you're going to tell me Coyboys and Aliens isn't a documentary, too. NASA is just a lie factory.

No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the record for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

H.L. Mencken

Awesome, thanks I love it!

They don't even walk like you'd need to "walk" on the moon...
Rocks falling like they do on Earth...

Friggen retards out there...

Maybe this is NASA's way to get some PR about themselves, even if they stopped working with the filmmakers. Had they continued their collaboration, they probably would have had some other angle to spin. It looks like NASA is becoming a "whiny child" complaining to the government, I want money, I want money! Why won't you give me money??? What is the world coming to?

Maybe this is NASA's way to get some PR about themselves, even if they stopped working with the filmmakers. Had they continued their collaboration, they probably would have had some other angle to spin. It looks like NASA is becoming a "whiny child" complaining to the government, I want money, I want money! Why won't you give me money??? What is the world coming to?

Seriously, they act like they're the only organization in the history of mankind to send a man to the moon! I'd much rather we continue to spend billions of dollars on subsides to Exxon and Monsanto rather than those lazy crybabies.

Seriously, they act like they're the only organization in the history of mankind to send a man to the moon! I'd much rather we continue to spend billions of dollars on subsides to Exxon and Monsanto rather than those lazy crybabies.

LOL, EPIC +1 on this one :D Literally almost fell out of my seat laughing while reading this :D

Most FOX news viewers will think this is a real documentary.

That reminds me of the White House Corespondent's Dinner. Where the Prez had to make a "disclaimer" when he showed "Lion King" as his birth video, that it was just a joke not a actual documentary of his birth :D

Well DUH, we know its not a documentary because all the landings were faked. Seriously NASA, do you think we are *that* stupid?

They were all faked until apollo 13 when that one got lasered by aliens then some of them died in the radiation belts! Then to try and appease the investors they tried to send apollo 18. Then they mysteriously "scrapped" the apollo missions!

Seriously look at history! After crossing the pacific or going to america a few times did explorers suddenly stop!? See totally because alien princesses kicked their asses, yo.

Back