Recent content by xenithon

  1. X

    Two systems, one monitor, best solution?

    Hi all. My new setup consists of two machines - one Windows PC and one Mac. I have a Dell 2407WFP-HC monitor, which has inputs for DVI, VGA, S-Video, Component video, Composite video. I would like to have both attached to the monitor and switch between the two and wondering what would be the...
  2. X

    Question About Installing Memory (DIMM Sockets)

    Hope so too :) As mentioned, the manual has a matrix of which sockets to put the modules in to achieve dual channel, which looks like this: # of Modules DIMM1 DIMM2 DIMM3 DIMM4 2 M M - - 2 - - M...
  3. X

    Question About Installing Memory (DIMM Sockets)

    Hi there....I thought so too but alas, not quite true. These new Gigabyte boards have the DIMM sockets for dual channel next to each other instead of alternating, as you can see in this photo:
  4. X

    Question About Installing Memory (DIMM Sockets)

    Just a quick question regarding installation of the RAM modules in my Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4: I have 2x1GB Kingston Valueram DDR2 memory which I want to run in dual channel. The manual says I should install it in either DIMM1/DIMM2 or in DIMM3/DIMM4. It says though that if there are only two...
  5. X

    CPU Cooler: Choice Based On Blowing Direction?

    BUMP...I've confirmed that the a1 can only mount blowing toward the bottom of the chassis or the PSU, neither of which is desirable. I assume the a2 would be a better option?
  6. X

    CPU Cooler: Choice Based On Blowing Direction?

    Hi all. Helping someone put together a system and had a question regarding CPU coolers. I have read that usually a cooler blowing sideways is considered better than one blowing down onto the mobo, but usually only if it is toward the exhaust. The coolers in question are the TT TMG a1, TMG a2...
  7. X

    Ok if heatsink touches caps?

    Thanks for the info guys. One question: does it makes a difference if the memory is installed in slots 3 & 4 (instead of 1 & 2)? The manual says dual channel should be either 1 & 2 or 3 & 4, but suggests 1 & 2 for only two sticks of RAM.
  8. X

    Ok if heatsink touches caps?

    Hi all. I am setting up a new system meant to run silent. I imported the Scythe Ninja Rev. B (don't get it here) and have found out that the board I want to get has some clearance issues such that it bends some of the caps. The mobo is the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4. Someone at Silent PC Review has...
  9. X

    GA-M57SLI-S4: Compatibile with Ninja Rev. B?

    BUMP...anyone tried the Ninja with this board? Or perhaps with the GA-M59SLI-S5 (almost same layout as M57SLI).
  10. X

    GA-M57SLI-S4: Compatibile with Ninja Rev. B?

    Hi all. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 is compatible with the Scythe Ninja Rev. B. The only thing I can see from images that may cause an issue or the tall caps next to the CPU socket. Any ideas? Cheers, X
  11. X

    nForce4 SLi vs nForce 500 Series??

    Thanks again for the prompt reply. I needed to import the cooler as I want to run it passive, hence the question about the Ninja. Worst case scenario is that I will sell it and get something else - I'd rather change cooler to match the mobo rather than the other way around :cool: And yes...
  12. X

    nForce4 SLi vs nForce 500 Series??

    Thanks for the prompt reply. You wouldn't happen to know if the M2N4-SLi is compatible with the Scythe Ninja Rev. B, would you :D
  13. X

    nForce4 SLi vs nForce 500 Series??

    Hi all. I am builing a new AM2 system and it needs to be first-and-foremost solid and stable. I can get for around the same price, either an nForce4 SLi motherboard (Asus M2N4-SLi) or the nForce 570 motherboard (Asus M2N-E). Is there any particular reason to go for the nForce 500 series over the...
  14. X

    Asus M2N-E Owners: latest stable BIOS?

    I have heard some horror stories about dodgy BIOS releases for this board. Just wanted to ask any owners out there what's the latest stable BIOS verion that you are running. Cheers, X
  15. X

    Memory Query: Asus M2N-E

    BUMP....anyone?
Back
Top