Anyway, stuff I'm pondering for myself (took a look at the suggested stuff and it looks alright):
X2 4400+
7800gtx or 7900gt
2 gigs Corsair Value DDR2 533 (unless someone has a better suggestion)
120 gig raptor (only b/c it's relatively the same price as the 74gig due to the rebate)
Still...
Yeah, I'll need an optical drive, probably around $30. I'm not sure whether he'll need to burn any dvd's, but you never know. I think I saw an NEC one for $30ish.
Anyway, I think he's going to give me the money and I build him a machine.
If that changes, then this plan gets scrapped :P
Hey everyone, thanks for taking a look and helping me out in advance.
I must admit that I honestly haven't spent much time researching in the past few months and thus am turning to all of you to give me a hand and it is much appreciated.
Anyway, my dad needs a new box and his budget is...
First of all, bought it on thursday. Drove up to Salem, NH from Boston just for the ease of having it in my hands in one day and not paying sales tax.
Anyways, I bought the stock 2ghz model. For those who are lazy or may not know the specs off-hand, here they are:
2.0 Ghz Core Duo
1gb...
From the uses you described, it really sounds to me like you're trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer. It might shed a little light on the situation if you could list the specs of the rig he was using before.
I think that unless your dad is planning to use some serious processing power...
I feel kinda silly laughing about that :p
But keeping on topic, I just finished my rig 2 weeks ago, I guess I could've saved another $30 or so on my 3500+ :rolleyes:
Not sure where this belongs so I posted it to General Hardware.
Anyone in the Dallas area know much about this Sidewalk sale and what I might expect there? I'll probably be checking out the one on August 6th. Was just curious if anyone had been there before and what kind of stuff I should...
I've been debating all weekend whether I wanted to order another one. Just ordered my first one friday night and the deal is so tempting I might get another!
That thread kind of reminds me of the guy that "watercooled his system" by pouring a gallon of water on top of the machine. :p
*And as a result of his joke, there were like 10,000 posts or something.