Recent content by tonypitt

  1. T

    GTX 980 black screen problem

    I have a custom system I built in 2015 with help from this forum. The system has an ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero MB and an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti video card. I have two 32" monitors that run off of this with the monitors using daisy chained display port connection. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64...
  2. T

    Garbled Audio Problem

    Here's the resolution: I did a full system wipe and setup from scratch. I'm still recovering from that, but I finally have working sound. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I've now been several days without a recurrence of the problem. Thanks everyone for your help!
  3. T

    Garbled Audio Problem

    I started out with audio from the motherboard. When that showed the problem, I tried HDMI out from the video card. Same problem. Then I bought the audio card and ran the audio out of it. Same problem. I haven't tried a USB device. I'm willing to give that a shot. Are you talking about...
  4. T

    Garbled Audio Problem

    Three years ago I built a custom PC with help from people from this forum. Since very early in the life of the machine I have had audio problems that I have been unable to resolve. I'm at the point now where I'm thinking I may need to build a new machine to resolve this, but I'm not sure how...
  5. T

    Can't fix sound problem

    Thanks, Jim Kim, will try what you've said. Nenu, the problem occurs across all apps. The OS idea is an interesting one. Will have to wait until I get some free time to try that option.
  6. T

    Can't fix sound problem

    I put together a new PC a bit over a year ago with help from people here. I am having an ongoing sound problem that I cannot resolve. The system originally used the sound support built into the motherboard, an ASUG ROG Maximus VIII Hero. After having ongoing unsolvable problems with the audio...
  7. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    Thanks everyone for your help. I wound up pulling the trigger on the purchase on Wednesday night. (Good thing since I spent most of Thursday sick from a stomach virus.) Looks like all the pieces will get here on Monday. I added a CPU cooler, keyboard/mouse, and some supplies. Total came to...
  8. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    Well, I've got the following things in a shopping cart (except for the first item, which I've already purchased): Intel Boxed Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz 8M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151 BX80662I76700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Gaming...
  9. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    I just now purchased the CPU from Amazon. They indicated they had one, although it says it will not ship out immediately. I bought an Intel Boxed Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz 8M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151 BX80662I76700K. I figured the next item to buy will be the motherboard. Looking around at...
  10. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    Thanks all. I'm going to start putting things in shopping carts at different places. :) Have a big project I'm involved in right now. Thinking I will either order on Thursday or Friday evening as a reward for getting that finished. I still need to pick out a case. I'm looking for something...
  11. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    It looks like the 980 TI works well for the video card. Now I just have to figure out which 9 of them they have on Amazon I need to order. (I'll check other places too.) Recommendations? A 6700k processor sounds good, too. Looks like those are currently hard to find. Z170 motherboard looks...
  12. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    Thanks all for the info so far. Software used: In a typical session I'll have open: Outlook, IE, Tableau, SAP Lumira, Excel, Access, Camtasia, Dreamweaver, SAP HANA Studio, and an RDS session. Nothing too exotic. Things I do of a multithreaded nature run on different hardware that I remote...
  13. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    No. The budget excludes the monitors (which I already have).
  14. T

    Help me put together "high end" system

    I'd be grateful for help with a new system build. Background: I have a system that is about 2.5 years old that I built with help from people here. I'm seeing frequent (a few times a week) crashing (memory errors or similar) and then also times when upon startup I get video errors. I plan to...
Back
Top