Recent content by TheCheatOnBass

  1. T

    Desktop shuts down randomly (hardware problem)

    Well I reseated the heatsink, still nothing. I've pretty much already run with the minimum. Unplugged everything but HDD, tried one mem stick then tried other, no go. So it looks like I'm replacing the motherboard. I would swap it but I don't have a spare one lying around, taking two out would...
  2. T

    Desktop shuts down randomly (hardware problem)

    No ideas? I guess I'll try reseating the heatsink anyways for now.
  3. T

    Desktop shuts down randomly (hardware problem)

    I am in need of assistance. Not sure what step I should take next. Three year oldish computer, built it for a family member, very basic desktop (onboard video, nothing tricky). It shuts down in a random amount of time (usually before the day is over). No blue screens, warnings, just like...
  4. T

    Text on HDTV is blurry when using HDMI

    I didn't notice a difference after unchecking the option, thanks for trying though.
  5. T

    Text on HDTV is blurry when using HDMI

    Can't find any type of game mode. I disabled all modes, nothing happened. There is a sharpen setting, but lowering it to 0 just makes text look darker. The TV only has two aspect modes, Full and 4:3, the latter just squishes the screen and adds black bars. The whole "Image Scaling" box is...
  6. T

    Text on HDTV is blurry when using HDMI

    Yeah the thing is my TV seems to very limited in options. I can't find anything about overscanning or underscanning or whatever. All I can find are color options, DNR, CTI, Flesh Tone, Adaptive Luma Control, Blue Back, and Backlight.
  7. T

    Text on HDTV is blurry when using HDMI

    Nope, the HD 4830 I have has a built in HDMI output.
  8. T

    Text on HDTV is blurry when using HDMI

    I swear I tried that earlier and it brought me back to the home screen. Anyways, I set overscan to 0%, it seems to have helped, but all text is still blurry. Just less blurry. Could any of those other settings help? I think it may be my TV, it doesn't seem to have many settings I can change to...
  9. T

    Text on HDTV is blurry when using HDMI

    I am trying to fix a resolution (I guess) problem on a new HDTV I am using with my PC. The text looks blurry even on the native 1080p resolution when using an HDMI connector, but crystal clear when using VGA. This is my TV. I was trying to look for some more options in CCC to correct it, but...
  10. T

    Check over my cheap, non-gaming build...please

    Yes, I think I went overkill on the future-proofing thing. Thank-you for helping me bring down the price, my friend will be happy.
  11. T

    Check over my cheap, non-gaming build...please

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc No gaming, no photoshop. For a friend, but pretty sure it will only be used for web browsing and word processing. 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? Hoping to keep it close to $500 including...
  12. T

    What is the interface of this laptop hard drive?

    Cool. Thanks. Of course if it does not work, I will be contacting you guys for the restocking fee. :p
  13. T

    Looking for CardBus wireless adapter for a Win98 system

    Trying to hook this computer to work with wireless. It has Win98 and only one USB port on the back (which I assuming is v1.x, is that a viable wireless option?). There is a cardbus slot on the side, and I am looking for a card bus adapter that would work on Win98(with 128 RAM and I think a...
  14. T

    What is the interface of this laptop hard drive?

    Haha, my phone doesn't take pictures well in dim places. Or I'm bad at taking them. It's wireless by the way. It does come off, I was just making sure an ATA-6 drive would work with the adapter. Does this hard drive look okay...
  15. T

    What is the interface of this laptop hard drive?

    I need to replace it. I pulled it out and it is a Toshiba MK4026GAX (which when I google it says an ATA-6 interface) but it has some kind of Foxconn adapter on the end that makes it some kind of double sided flat interface. I have almost no experience with laptop hard drives. Looks like this...
Back
Top