The thermalright Venomous fit fine. Don't think the formula is much different to any x58 mobos in respect to CPU coolers. I'm running with 12GB g-skill Ripjaw which is fortunately low, stsndard profile RAM.
Cheers.
Yes It's a liyyle odd just apears to be the graphics looking at the futuremark...
Yes I guess it will probably settle a little lower, most new boards seem to haeve a premium at 1st then settle back.
Too true after coming back from the AMD 890FX and the Crosshair IV that's a real PIA. :)
Asus Rampage III Formula
Thought you guys might like to share this review of the Asus Rampage II Formula
I don't think it's quite as good looking as the Asus Crosshair IV Formula. Looking at the options for LN2, the Digi+ and extra BIOS feartures and tweaks it looks a bit more muscular...
yes it's a hard one. the ga-ep45-ud3P is a damn good board. The upgrade would certainly be cheaper than one requiring ddr3. Why don't you just upgrade mobo & move Q9450 to new mobo ?
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Living Review - Update
A few recent updates to Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Living Review:
1) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 - The naked truth
2) Voltage Measuring Points
3) 4.4Ghz 21x210 Ram x8 1,680Mhz 7-7-7-19
Your right there:)
I'm really liking this board, currently working on 4.4ghz 21x210 having got 4.2Ghz stable:-
Click pics for more benches and bios settings.
1) 4.2Ghz 21x200 Ram x8 1600Mhz 7-7-7-19
I got my ram running at it's stock speed 2,000mhz but it needed an extra 0.3vtt from...
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Review
Happy New Year, thought you guys might be interested in Gigabyte's latest top of the range board, the GA-X58A-UD7.
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Review