New DFI Mini-ITX MI P55-T36

Don't know if anyone has checked already, but this is in stock at Newegg. At least, it was as of 10 minutes ago. :p

Does anybody know where you can buy the 1156 bolt-thru mounting kit for the Thermalright AXP-140? All I can find are the kits for the Ultra series CPU coolers. I'm trading up (or slimming down) my main rig to this board in the Sugo Sg05 with the Thermalright.

how come on newegg's site says it has Realtek audio chipset then on the audio jacks it has a sticker of x-fi on it?

how come on newegg's site says it has Realtek audio chipset then on the audio jacks it has a sticker of x-fi on it?
Isn't it obvious?

From the DFI website:
DK P55-T3eH9 incorporates Creative X-Fi extreme fidelity technology. Users can derive enjoyment as if they are in the theater from watching movies at home. In games, the superb sounds are so real to help players locate enemies merely by listening.

Specs on DFI Website:
Realtek ALC885 High Definition audio CODEC

confused

Isn't it obvious?

From the DFI website:
DK P55-T3eH9 incorporates Creative X-Fi extreme fidelity technology. Users can derive enjoyment as if they are in the theater from watching movies at home. In games, the superb sounds are so real to help players locate enemies merely by listening.

Specs on DFI Website:
Realtek ALC885 High Definition audio CODEC

confused

xfi software, realtek hardware?

That's all I could think of but doesn't make much sense. The manual is no help either.

Looks like another email to DFI...

This isn't new. MSI has been doing this with a lot of their higher end boards for the last (about I think) two years.

It's Realtek hardware with Creative Xfi software and special drivers.

This isn't new. MSI has been doing this with a lot of their higher end boards for the last (about I think) two years.

Wasn't it the same on the Rampage 2 Gene?

Yeah, but it still makes no sense haha. It's like cheating. Give the illusion of one product. It doesn't matter much though because Realtek does a good job.

Yeah, but it still makes no sense haha. It's like cheating. Give the illusion of one product. It doesn't matter much though because Realtek does a good job.

Well, Creative does the exact same thing. Their low end "Xfi" cards are nothing but rebranded Audigy cards, and not even the decent Audigy cards either.

Well, Creative does the exact same thing. Their low end "Xfi" cards are nothing but rebranded Audigy cards, and not even the decent Audigy cards either.
Oh well.

It is exactly what you said it is by the way.

From DFI:

Yes, we are built-in a Realtek ALC 885 chip in our P55 board. But, we bundle a creative optimized driver which support XFi feature as like:
Alchemy
24bit Crystalizer
EAX Advanced HD
CMSS-3D
We are cooperated with Creative Inc. to optimize driver for DFI board, and performance is real improved well, that is why we put Creative X-Fi Stick into our Box and board.

Do you guys see anything wrong with this setup? I am sort of worried about power and heat.

Silverstone SG06
DFI p55 mini itx
Core i5
HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.B HD31000 IDK
Sony Optiarc Slim 8X DVD±R Burner Black SATA Model AD-7590S-01 - OEM
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
ASUS EAH4670/DI/512MD3 Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit DDR3

looks good to me.

I'm waiting for some new mini-itx cases from SilverStone before I get mine ;) but the SG06 is a great case and the 450w PSU should be out soon.

Just picked me up one of these guys. I got a Silverstone SG06, Antec Earthwatts 500, Corsair H50 and a GTX280 I got to shoe horn inside there.

But first powder coating the inside black! :)

Steeeeve,

What type of mini itx cases are they coming out with?
SilverstoneMini-ITXCases.jpg

I don't think those are any of the SUGO cases coming out. From what I understand they are trying to get us something by CES 2010.

I'm going to have at the power supply, shorten the cables and see how it goes.

Since I dont have the SG06 on hand, I really cannot feel it out for space. Even if I see dimensions posted :p

What are those new silverstone cases, and when are they going to be released?

Can the USB cable be routed in the gap between the motherboard and the bottom of the video card? The PCIe slot usually leaves a 1/4" or so of space between the two. I've had to do that with cables in the past.

By the way, when someone gets one of these, can you report the lowest RAM voltage it supports? Newegg has some very low voltage DDR3 1600HMz kits that might help keep thermals down. No idea if the board supports 1.35v ram though.

Last edited:
I believe I attempted what you suggested, the problem is the ports are mounted towards the edge of the card, so you don't gain much distance going under the card rather than over.

As far as the ram, I can't imagine that it is a significant thermal contributor. Especially DDR3.

Yeah, I don't suppose it's much, but they're the same price as modules throwing around 1.65 to 1.5 volts. So if it's a watt or two of heat that you don't have to fight, and it doesn't cost anything extra, why not?

Can the USB cable be routed in the gap between the motherboard and the bottom of the video card? The PCIe slot usually leaves a 1/4" or so of space between the two. I've had to do that with cables in the past.

By the way, when someone gets one of these, can you report the lowest RAM voltage it supports? Newegg has some very low voltage DDR3 1600HMz kits that might help keep thermals down. No idea if the board supports 1.35v ram though.

I'll be running a 4gb kit of this: OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum Low Voltage Dual Channel OCZ3P1600LV4GK.

I'll report in once I get the gear up and running. Thankfully the case is rolling in before the mobo etc. I'll get some dremel time in!

Has anyone installed this MB yet? If so, have you used the stock heatsink with the CPU? What were you results?

i5 stock: 22C idle (win7 desktop), 45C playing Crysis - but this is in very cold room, maybe 12-15C...

Back