• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by stitchmanz

  1. S

    New PC PArts Compatability

    I am building a PC and would like to know if my parts are compatible. Thank you very much. Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZR Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD B450...
  2. S

    Hard Drive Disappears

    I got this advice from another board and it worked, so my machine is back and running. Thank you everyone for your suggestions: Older M4 firmwares can get hung up if the computer crashes unexpectedly. The way to get the drive to recover is to unplug the computer completely for a couple of...
  3. S

    Hard Drive Disappears

    how can i run test programs if it doesn't boot up?
  4. S

    Hard Drive Disappears

    Here are my components. The SSD drive contains the operating system and it won’t boot up since it isn’t being recognized. Windows 7 Home premium, 64-bit. Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive SAPPHIRE 100352-2L...
  5. S

    Hard Drive Disappears

    Our PC keeps breaking down. It will suddenly lock up and when you try to reboot it, it no longer recognizes the hard drives. When it happened on Sunday, I could not get it to work but the next day I reset the BIOS and it started working. It went down again today and is still not working so...
  6. S

    Internal Hard Drive Suggestions

    Our SSD drive failed and needs replacing. We don’t want to spend the money for another SSD drive, so the new drive will be our boot drive and contain our programs. Any data stored on it will have a copy on another drive/cloud/dvd. We are thinking about this Toshiba from New Egg...
  7. S

    Internal Hard Drive Suggestions

    I need to get a new internal hard drive and would like to get some recommendations. It will be 2TB or 3TB (preferable) and 7200 RPM, not on a network. Which drives would you suggest I check out. Thank you Jerry
  8. S

    Benchmark/stress test suggestions

    Thank you for the suggestions. Do you have any tips on how long I should run the stress tests for? Jerry
  9. S

    Benchmark/stress test suggestions

    I have just finished build a PC, parts are listed below, and would like some recommendations on some Freeware/demo programs I can run to do Benchmarks and Stress test: Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive SAPPHIRE...
  10. S

    New Build, HD not showing, graphics card listed as generic

    thanks for the help. I decided to re-install windows and this time when i loaded the drivers from the cd, the video card showed up. now to load in all the newest drivers i need. jerry
  11. S

    New Build, HD not showing, graphics card listed as generic

    Thanks for the replies. The hard drive was not formatted, that took about 5 hours. I installed the disk that came with the motherboard, but I can't seem to find any drivers for it at their website. Here is what I could find: AMD Media Codec Package HydraVision Package ATI Catalyst...
  12. S

    New Build, HD not showing, graphics card listed as generic

    I have Windows 7 Home premium, 64-bit. My new PC has a Crucial SSD drive which works fine, and a 2TB western Digital which seems invisible. The drive is a WD2002FAEX. IN the BIOS the drive is listed in the SATA2_4 slot. The SATA controller is ‘enabled’, the SATA mode selection is AHCI...
  13. S

    New Build won't boot

    I'm such an idiot. I didn't have the power to the CPU plugged in. I still am not getting a beep when booting up though, but windows is now installing Jerry
  14. S

    New Build won't boot

    Did you computer produce any beeps and if so how many? - there were no beeps Are you sure you plugged it into the video card? - yes, the fans are spinning If so double check that it's seated properly on the motherboard and plugged in comfortably. - i removed the video card and placed it...
  15. S

    New Build won't boot

    I just built a PC and when I turned it on for the first time I got nothing. It powered up, all the fans were running, but nothing showed on the monitor. Here are the components all from Newegg. I’ll be installing Windows 7 Pro once I get that far. Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB...
Back
Top