I'm talking about ethernet, sw, audio, etc drivers. I installed nForce4 Series AMD. You see the mobo I have down below. I believe these are the correct drivers. It's version 6.86. I was trying to update my raid drivers effectively.
I installed the new nForce 4 AMD drivers and for some reason my computer constantly reboots. It gets past the Windows loading page, goes to black like it's about to bring up the login and then it reboots. Any suggestions?
In case anyone else had this problem, I used Nlite to incorporate my nvidia nforce4 drivers into my slipstream winXP SP2 installation. The problem arose from windows trying to install old drivers over the new ones in use. The problem is fixed and install went smoothly.
I decided it was time to reformat my machine. I popped in my SATA disk for the drivers and things seemed to be working fine. Then I ran into an error with idecoi.dll trying to copy. I tried reburning my slipstreamed copy of Win XP SP2. I then tried my other copy of XP Pro and the same error...
500 W X-Connect I believe It is a modular power supply. I have been considering the Hiper 580W if it's necessary. I'm running a watercooled case, the 2 7800 GTXs, 5 SATA drives, 2 cd/dvd burner drives, either my floppy drive OR my Audigy 2 front panel (depending on the use needed), and 2 cold...
I have a problem with one of my video cards. I have 2 MSI 7800GTX cards 256MB. Sometimes on boot up only one gets recognized and sometimes its both. I don't know if it's a driver issue somewhere or what and I'm not sure why. I keep my machine on all the time now so I don't have to deal with...
Unfortunately, that didn't work. What did end up working was that I unplugged all of my SATA drives except the two Raptor drives. I then installed a fresh copy of WinXP SP2 and then it has worked fine since. I think what the problem is has to do with rearranging drive letters from install to...
I recently updated the bios on my MB. I know your not supposed to do it unless you are having problems, but I am about to overclock and wanted to have everything running up to speed. Now I can't boot into windows unless I have the CD in. If the CD is in windows boots fine. It gave me the...
I'm watercooling my MSI 7800 GTX, I'm using the Koolance VID 200-L06 (I think is part number) It covers all but one of the memory chips on the front and none on the back. I was wondering if I need to go back and get heatsinks for the video memory or if they will be find free air.
You know if you are having problems with running DC on some games you can turn off one of the cores for that game so it will only use one. Last summer I was play EQII and it kept crashing on me at random times and couldn't figure out why. It turns out there is some coding it tries to split...
Ok, I haven't overclocked since my Barton 2500+ and I'm a little rusty on a good amount to overclock. Here is what I'm running:
MSI Neo 4 Platinum/SLI
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
2x Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache Serial...