Hal.dll Error

SLI AMD 24

n00b
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
12
I recently updated the bios on my MB. I know your not supposed to do it unless you are having problems, but I am about to overclock and wanted to have everything running up to speed. Now I can't boot into windows unless I have the CD in. If the CD is in windows boots fine. It gave me the HAL.DLL error and now a Disk Error please insert disk and hit enter is coming up. The HAL.DLL file is there, but I don't know if it can't read or what.

I have an MSI Neo 4 Platinum MS-7100 and have bios v3.9. I have a AMD 64 X2 4400+, 2 GB of Corsair XMS 2T memory (3-3-8-3), 2 MSI NVIDIA 7800GTX in SLI, and Audigy 2 Platinum ZS. I have 2 SATA Raptors drives for OS and programs striped. I also have 3 SATA 250 GB drives. Please let me know if you have any ideas how to fix the problem.
 
Unfortunately, that didn't work. What did end up working was that I unplugged all of my SATA drives except the two Raptor drives. I then installed a fresh copy of WinXP SP2 and then it has worked fine since. I think what the problem is has to do with rearranging drive letters from install to boot up. The cd drive gets up in the middle of the hard drives for some reason. Thank you for the help.
 
Back
Top