• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Sir Robin

  1. S

    Do I really need an 800W?

    Thank you :cool: Did some digging and it turns out that ABS originally threw in a 550W PSU. Not sure why they replaced it with an 800W during the post UPS crushathon rebuild. Looks like the 550VX is my best option. The GS-550 looked like a great deal too but its out of stock.:(
  2. S

    Do I really need an 800W?

    Wow, its been ages since I've been around here.:D I have returned to ask the [H]ard community their opinion on which PSU I should choose. Way back when I bought an ABS desktop after the XPS 700 fiasco. After an RMA for a dead mobo, UPS trashed it and it ended up being rebuilt by ABS. Of...
  3. S

    Warhammer Online Thread!

    My guild, Supplicium, picked Phoenix throne. We are Destruction and there seems to be a nice and large Order population to fight... Now to pimp my guild!:D :cool: SUPPLICIUM :cool: OoS Order of Supplicium Darkness has fallen, the end is nigh Of humans and dwarfs and elfenkind high...
  4. S

    ABS Forum Gone

    Is ABS in trouble? There is no forum option listed in their support section anymore and I'm not able to find any news about it.
  5. S

    GA-N650SLI-DS4 Any Good?

    Here is the situation. Picked up an ABS PC way back in 2006 with a 975 XBX mobo. Never plan to SLI and I've heard Intel's mobo's are rugged so I figured it would last. Also I'm an older sort so I decided not to DIY due to a lack of time, energy, and patience. Well it didn't last. A little...
  6. S

    7950 GX2's Replacement?

    Okay, I've run into a problem with my ABS PC and UPS has turned it into a nightmare. Here are the highlights: Problem, possibly with motherboard, caused me to ship PC, under warranty, back to manufacturer in early July. I shipped it through UPS who damaged it in route. UPS picked it back up...
  7. S

    Puget Custom Computers @ [H]

    Great review as always. I did a good bit of research before buying my PC and it was a tough call between Puget, Velocity Micro, and ABS. I finally settled on ABS, when the Core 2 Duo's came out, and have had zero problems with it.:D In a couple of years I'll be looking for a new PC and it...
  8. S

    ABS Ultimate X8 @ [H] Consumer

    Wow, I bought an X9 a while ago, when the Core 2 Duo's first came out, and I have not had any problems with it. It takes a little longer to boot up than I expected but it even runs BF2142 at 1600x1200 like a dream. Have not had any real issues but I am relatively computer savvy thanks to...
  9. S

    "Changes" Editorial @ [H] Consumer

    If Tim needs any help with that testing I'll volunteer. :D Thanks for watching out for us [H]. :cool:
  10. S

    Dell XPS 410 @ [H] Consumer

    Well I actually got a huge discount on it. Basically drove the price so low that no one else could compete with it. I did a thread here on it a while back. Almost always, yes, you can build cheaper and better on your own. However there are a lot of us out here who either do not have the...
  11. S

    Aaaagggh!! Who to choose?!

    I did a lot of digging before I bought mine and it came down to a choice between Velocity Micro and ABS. A good place to look at their record before you buy is Reseller Ratings. You should also check Maingear and Monarch but I decided not to go with either of them. ABS ended up giving...
  12. S

    Velocity Micro or ABS?

    Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I couldn't find a forum on Velocity Micro's site. ABS's forum is pretty dead most of the time and I was going the Ultimate X9 desktop route so the G3 wasn't a source of worry for me. ABS definately has some quirks but whenever I've called, emailed...
  13. S

    Dell XPS 410 @ [H] Consumer

    I almost bought, well I did but finally gave up on ever getting it, an XPS 700. Dell's blatant condescension and arrogance finally proved to much for me and I bailed out of that crash in progress. We actually use Dell workstations at work but we can get them cheap and fix whatever breaks...
  14. S

    Velocity Micro or ABS?

    LOL! I felt almost sad to order a PC through ABS instead of VM too! Damn, I need to check forums more often. I have just been wrapped up in Beta's lately and now Relic's CoH. Thanks for the BIOS link. I better check into that further but it just really hasn't caused any problems for me...
  15. S

    Velocity Micro or ABS?

    Ack! :D Well I jumped into this late but I have been having a lot of fun playing games on my ABS Ultimate X9 II. I have had no problems with it, aside from slower than expected boot times :confused: , and the PC absolutely flies through games. Honestly I was torn between ABS and Velocity...
Back
Top