GA-N650SLI-DS4 Any Good?

Sir Robin

Weaksauce
Here is the situation.

Picked up an ABS PC way back in 2006 with a 975 XBX mobo. Never plan to SLI and I've heard Intel's mobo's are rugged so I figured it would last. Also I'm an older sort so I decided not to DIY due to a lack of time, energy, and patience.

Well it didn't last. A little under a year later, right before the warranty expired, I started having issues. Seemed to be a mobo issue so I shipped the whole PC back, to be on the safe side, and UPS decided to use it for soccer practice. A little over two months later UPS finally coughed up the cash to repair and everything except the floppy drive was replaced.

So I went from a 975 XBX to a 975 XBX2.

A couple of months later and plop, failure to post issues again. Since warranty is gone due to it being a "repair" I couldn't ship it back again. Also WAR Beta is coming back again soon so I didn't want to wait for online shipping around the holidays and went local. My belief that I do not live in a tech paradise is reaffirmed.:(

Best I could find locally was a GA-N650SLI-DS4 mobo and I've been looking around for reviews to see if I should be looking for a long-term replacement or just stick with this board.:confused:

Beyond an issue with being completely unable to get the Power and HD Activity LED's to light up again, no matter what arrangement I try, everything seems fine. Anyone using this board? Outside of one VR review I could find any except a couple that looked like OGM posts.:rolleyes:

Back