Recent content by Siersoren

  1. S

    Pennsylvania Proposes Tax on Mature Video Games Due to Violence, School Shootings

    Video games don't cause school shooting. Bad parenting and lack of morals does.
  2. S

    Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

    I can confirm the Mew trick did NOT work in the US version of Red or Blue that I had in the 90s.
  3. S

    Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

    I went on Metacritic and gave it a 5 out of 10. It's a fun single player game, as Pokemon Red was fun back when I was 10 years old or so. But it strips out important features which have been existent in Pokemon ever since Pokemon Gold, such as "Held Items". This version is really dumbed down...
  4. S

    Volunteers Are Keeping an IBM 1401 Mainframe Alive

    I believe it would literally be unable to store a shortcut to open Crisis. If I'm not mistaken, 8k is not enough for the icon associated with the shortcut. :p
  5. S

    Diablo 4 comming?

    Why...why...why would you make a Diablo mobile? I don't see that game as possibly being fun with touchscreen controls, or graphics. Who is Blizzard paying to make these decisions? Is there not some general stupid test you have to pass to get into this company?
  6. S

    Blizzard Responds to Diablo: Immortal Backlash

    Kind of confused as to why they would prioritie a mobile version of diablo which will only acquire a remote, tiny fraction of its current fanbase. What about creating a better MMORPG on an engine that's not 20 years old? Diablo 4? Starcraft 3? Warcraft 4? No....let's just get into the casual...
  7. S

    Ubisoft to Censor Rainbow Six Siege to Appeal to Asian Territories

    I would think it to be more psychologically damaging to assume bullets do not cause blood, than to assume they do cause gore.
  8. S

    Google May Be Launching Subscription Service "Play Pass" for Android Apps, Games

    I'm confused by this. 95% of the apps on the playstore seem to be simply free, and littered with adds. What is the value in a subscription service that unlocks the remaining 5%?
  9. S

    Thoughts on Rimworld?

    The game was wonderful. It's a fine example of a game which offers complexity and fun in exchange for not wasting too much time on graphics. I've put tons of time into it.
  10. S

    Motherboard Makers Are Moving Manufacturing Out of China

    We're not talking labor which requires an advanced electronics degree. We're talking labor you could pull anywhere in the country for slightly higher than minimum wage. $15 is indeed a good estimate. The simple truth is that there is not such a scenario where someone sits down, grabs a board...
  11. S

    Motherboard Makers Are Moving Manufacturing Out of China

    I'm completely fine with a motherboard manufacturer being based out of another country. I'm NOT completely fine with that country being a corrupt communism who is overtly hostile towards my country. Why WOULDN'T you tariff the mess out of them? I'm hoping wherever the dust settles, the future...
  12. S

    Super Mario Party Switch Discussion

    I so badly wanted this game, then I found out that those half-controllers are necessary to play it. I've already gone through two L-Hand controllers which joystick became almost unusable. I really would prefer not to keep paying $40 so often just to play one game. Too bad.
  13. S

    California Introduces Bot Banning Bill

    Random California bill #3223465725. At least this one is not completely prohibitive to the residents living there (Like mandatory solar panels on all new homes).
  14. S

    CBS Shuts Down Fan-Made Recreation of USS Enterprise

    I lost interest in the new Star Trek Discovery series when it posted a picture of a bunch of the actors kneeling in protest of the anthem or some such nonsense.
  15. S

    Almost 50% of U.S. Mobile Traffic Will Be Scam Calls by 2019

    Correct. That's the thing about robocalls. You build a script, put it on a loop, add a +1 increment, dial out to the incremented number, if they make a menu selection, they move on to the next condition in the programming. Some can use forms to save some time, some don't. But really, if you...
Top