Super Mario Party Switch Discussion

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Super-Mario-Party-1388641.html

Anyone else excited? Just finished playing a 10 turn match and so far I'm meh to it. Not liking the fact its joy-con only and the game seems very handholdy to me, ally characters helping your dice rolls and everyone getting coins after a mini game (hurray participation trophies :S ) and the first board felt super small and simple, just makes it seem way to easy. That said the game is great for kids which is what I'm sure they were tuning this for and I will probably need to buy another joy-con set so I can do 4 player with my family lol. Hoping the game will be better but the first board I did left alot to be desired.

Looking forward to see what your guys impressions are over the next few days.

I should be getting this on release, looking forward to trying it with some adults so, we'll see.

I should be getting this on release, looking forward to trying it with some adults so, we'll see.
I think one of the bigger issues I had was the first board I played felt so small. Hopefully the next boards will be bigger, currently playing while I do some online orientations for an upcoming job so I have time to check it out slowly

I so badly wanted this game, then I found out that those half-controllers are necessary to play it.

I've already gone through two L-Hand controllers which joystick became almost unusable. I really would prefer not to keep paying $40 so often just to play one game.

Too bad.

I might have missed something since I haven't gotten the game yet (waiting until I come back this weekend), but you can't use the Pro controller or the two joy-cons in the grip? You have to use individual joy-cons?

I might have missed something since I haven't gotten the game yet (waiting until I come back this weekend), but you can't use the Pro controller or the two joy-cons in the grip? You have to use individual joy-cons?
yup it is single joycon only, some of the mini games wouldn't work with a pro controller

Back