• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by romeo11523

  1. R

    Monitor choice nightmare

    I have not been here in a while and since my last IT job, haven't been on a Windows machine either. I have been on an iMac for the past couple years and recently sold it to build a new rig, going back to IT. I have not kept up on anything and monitors are my only research problem. I am a...
  2. R

    HP DV3 Help please- Vista 64

    I agree, I never cared for the build quality of Asus. Asus might be a solid laptop but they feel and look toyish. I tried to install recovery manager and the program said it could not be installed on my pc. I'm in the middle of a restore on their 32bit oem so I can see if it's a hardware...
  3. R

    HP DV3 Help please- Vista 64

    I am strongly debating on returning it tomorrow and buying a macbook pro 13", I'm kist womdering if that will be a better laptop for me.
  4. R

    HP DV3 Help please- Vista 64

    Yes, it does not work
  5. R

    HP DV3 Help please- Vista 64

    I tried calling HP and they have terrible customer support. I have always had Dell laptops and they would fix me up anyway I ask. HP was like a broken record, go back to the pre-installed OS. I called after trying the chat feature and they said if you upgrade to 64-bit then we will void your...
  6. R

    HP DV3 Help please- Vista 64

    I bought an HP DV3-1075US a couple days ago and it ran so slow, it also came pre-installed with Vista 32-bit in it though. So I installed Vista 64-bit in it and it's pretty awesome now. My problem is the touch controls will not function no matter how many times I try thier driver. Has anyone ran...
  7. R

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    Recent Pictures!
  8. R

    Painting an Eee PC

    Actually if your not going with car paint try acrylic, it can be found for $2 a bottle in any color at walmart. Steps below to use acrylic! 1- Sand surface with 180 grit 2- Sand surface with 220 grit 3- Apply a coat of Gesso (also found at walmart) 4- Paint whatever your heart desires 5-...
  9. R

    HP DV3Z

    Why would 4gb of ram be a waste?
  10. R

    HP DV3Z

    I am a web design major so I use photoshop,dreamweaver and sometimes a little 3DS. I have a nice tower for home and I would like to get a laptop. Problem is I'm picky and I don't know the tech for video cards or anything about AMD or ATI. I have found the laptop in the title which seems nice and...
  11. R

    Network work group problem

    Lighten up, I got pushed into this postition and I knew nothing when I started. I got handed a mess and now I have to clean it up!
  12. R

    Network work group problem

    Problem solved! I found the problem to be client names, this should have been fixed years ago by the old IT. I get more knowledge out of now I guess. I set the name of the computer to a client listed in the server and I made it use the password. Everything comes up now without a hitch and...
  13. R

    Network work group problem

    Double, see below
  14. R

    What should I charge for consulting?

    WOW, after reading the guys post on the sbs setup I feel even more screwed over than before! My bosses came to me last november because they were going to replace our server then with a more up to date machine. I never wanted in on it because I was not really a network guy but hardware I am...
  15. R

    Network work group problem

    I have a problem! When I took this job the network already existed, I was put in this position for general troubleshooting but I was forced into the networking end of it. I have picked up a lot since then but I am still learning and this would be one of those things I'm going to learn the hard...
Back
Top