• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HP DV3 Help please- Vista 64

romeo11523

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
135
I bought an HP DV3-1075US a couple days ago and it ran so slow, it also came pre-installed with Vista 32-bit in it though. So I installed Vista 64-bit in it and it's pretty awesome now. My problem is the touch controls will not function no matter how many times I try thier driver. Has anyone ran into this or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ryan
 
You can always try the manufacturer of the touchpad to see if there is a specific Vista x64 driver.
 
You could also contact HP and ask them to give you 64-bit disks, considering on their website 32-bit and 64-bit are the same price with the DV3 series.

Speaking of which, do you like that laptop so far? I'm considering getting one with a P8600, 4GB of RAM, and a GT105m
 
I tried calling HP and they have terrible customer support. I have always had Dell laptops and they would fix me up anyway I ask. HP was like a broken record, go back to the pre-installed OS. I called after trying the chat feature and they said if you upgrade to 64-bit then we will void your warranty!

Aside from the touch controls not working I love the notebook. I would have thought with the radeon card inside it would be less than good but it runs all my web coding programs, 3d max and I can run gears and cod4 on it no problem! I love the fact that I can upgrade to 8gb of ram and I am going this week to get a 500gb scorpio drive for it.

My unknown driver turned out to be some 3D drive protection, found it by searching all night on the net but my touch controls still do not work.
 
I am strongly debating on returning it tomorrow and buying a macbook pro 13", I'm kist womdering if that will be a better laptop for me.
 
Build quailty on that notebook will be less then stellar. Though still offers great bang for your buck
 
I agree, I never cared for the build quality of Asus. Asus might be a solid laptop but they feel and look toyish.

I tried to install recovery manager and the program said it could not be installed on my pc. I'm in the middle of a restore on their 32bit oem so I can see if it's a hardware issue or an OS issue. I had to search for an answer on how to get the restore to come up after their way failed.

I'm getting turned off by HP because of this experience, I got this on sale and I would have been extremely mad if I had paid more for it. I'm still not convinced to take it back.
 
Back
Top