• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by rise2mcr

  1. R

    XP Share Access Logs?

    I have an old XP box I have some folder shares on. I was wondering if there are access logs to see who has accessed some of the files on one of my shares, and if so is this feature enabled by default? Is there any way to find out who (by username or by IP address) has accessed the files (or...
  2. R

    The larger the harddrive, the less reliable?

    Hey everyone, I've heard from some friends that the larger the drive, the less reliable it tends to be. To be specific, we're talking about Western Digitals. Does this hold any truth, or is it just another myth?
  3. R

    Temperature Monitoring

    As am I, Bookmage, I will use nagios if I must.
  4. R

    Temperature Monitoring

    Will do, Thanks.
  5. R

    Portable Usb Encryption

    He uses Truecrypt already, but you need admin privileges to load the driver.
  6. R

    Temperature Monitoring

    I see.. I don't see the feature listed in the screen shots, but I will deffinetley try it out, Thanks a lot!
  7. R

    Temperature Monitoring

    Dear [H]ard, I need to find a way to monitor my servers temperatures. They all run Ubuntu (4 of them). If I can check them via the web, that'd be even better. I have seen the actual equipment I can buy to do this, but is there an alternative that just uses the built in HDD / CPU temps? Thanks [H].
  8. R

    Buffalo Linkstation woes

    Dear [H], I purchased my shiny new Linkstation Pro Duo (1 TB Edition) about a month or two ago. It was working fine, Until today, I don't know what happend. I turn it on and I can ping it, See it from my routers homepage etc, but I can't see my shared folders (AKA The entire NAS). I tried...
  9. R

    shoutcast broadcasting

    Ok.. I can help you out. i am experienced with Shoutcast, and radios. first, you need to setup the Shoutcast server, second, configure the plugin to stream to the servers address. Then, once it streams, your set. any other questions, Feel free to ask. i am willing to help.
  10. R

    Suggestions for a small time server host?

    Excellent! I may take you up on that P3, Captain. Thank you for your help!
  11. R

    Suggestions for a small time server host?

    Thank you, for All of your suggestions. First, to answer YeOldStonecat, im hosting these from my home. my only problem here is, i have the default Verizon FIOS router.. i have seen guides on dslreport, to bridge the connection of the FIOS router, to the router of your choice, do you still...
  12. R

    Suggestions for a small time server host?

    Ok. Thank you! could anyone suggest a firewall that you reccomend? And or a switch? Thank you in advance.
  13. R

    Suggestions for a small time server host?

    Ok [H] I am hoping you can help me out here. I host a couple of game servers, and Shout cast servers. I am looking to replace a Switch i have, with a 10 - 20 port Managed switch. with Managed switches, as in web interface, what can be accessed in them normally? Should i get a firewall? With...
  14. R

    Verizon's Actiontec M1424WR wont let me log in to it? And advice on port forwarding..

    my default password (as it is for all of them) is admin/password
Back
Top