A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Well I like that SSD that I have due to its amazing radom and sequential read speeds which will most likely help more in daily tasks such as bootup and opening applications. And a 70MB/s write is still faster than any HD I will buy.
Edit: C300 review Here
Well since speed is my main concern, I think having the fastest cheap ram I can put in there is important. With the AMD 1055, Sata 6b/s SSD, and 1600 CL6 DDR3 ram for a little over $700 is hard to beat.
Ok so right now, it looking like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136180 $17.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146061 $39.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631 $139.99...
Well the PSU that I modified to was the Antec 450Watt, so I don't know how that would be "poor quality" compared to the Antec 400 Watt that you have up there now. But my question is, would it be smarter to drop the Video card and Sata III card and just buy an expensive motherboard with...
Well In the post above I modified his build to suit my needs and if the ram bothers you, i can go for some nice DDR3 sticks CL 7 like these for the same price essentially.
And for the motherboard, what about something like this? I wouldn't worry too much on being able to upgrade in the future...
That build is downright sick. But I think we can drop the 1 TB HD for a 6 GB/s sata card since the SSD you selected supports sata III. I Was thinking this card? And also, maybe upgrade that PSU to the antec 450? So this one?
So that makes the new total: about $702 roughly which is 100% doable...
So what I am getting from all of this is that the HP and the NEC are probably the best out of the bunch. But is the NEC so good that its worth losing the extra inch of screen? I'd prefer to have two 24's, but if the NEC's are that spectacular over the HP, I would consider that too.
Those prices are from all over, including ebay which is why some of them are insanely cheap. Yes, the cost will be close to 800 but the after rebate price is all that matters to me. yes a storage HDD is available and I will not need to purchase one. My main priority in this rig is speed and I...
The AMD processor is nice, but I am able to get a Core i7 930 for about $250, so I assume that would be better than AMDs 6 core due to its hyperthreading and turbo boost because single thread performance with the turbo boost would be really beneficial in some applications right?
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Web Browsing and some graphics work (already have a good monitor). I need the computer to be fast in daily operations (ie bootup etc)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
~$700. A little more or...
Well from my understanding from what I remember reading, the Dell U2410 is absolute junk. And as far as the HP ZR24W, i have been reading some very mixed reviews. I have also read in multiple places that the NEC EA231WMi is an e-IPS panel, so I don't know what to believe.
And also, I would...
Was thinking about buying the DELL INSPIRON 17 1764 (specs). I can get it for around $540 out the door. Basically I am looking for the cheapest i5 laptop I can find and this suits the call. Let me know what you guys think.