Recent content by Orayn

  1. O

    8800GS vs. 9600GT

    I'm building a computer for a friend and I now have to decide between getting him an 8800GS and a 9600GT. They're both fairly fast GPUs, but I'm questioning whether or not he'll need the small amount of extra muscle the 9600GT provides, seeing as he'll be playing at 1440x900. Some benchmarks I...
  2. O

    8800GT (single) vs 3870X2

    60 frames per second is 60 frames per second. It is true, however, that if the card can consistently put out 90FPS reduced to 60 by vsync, it's bound to drop below 60 far less often.
  3. O

    How much of a gain would I get from a 7800gt to a 8800gt?

    The jump from my 7900GT to my 8800GT was huge in newer games. I highly recommend the 8800GT as well.
  4. O

    Nvidia 9800GTX SPECS

    The 9800GTX will require special "HUGE CARD CERTIFIED" cases to accommodate its 36-inch PCB. You'll also have to re-wire your house and get a 240v line for the card's built-in power supply. (It uses up five "standard" expansion slots.) Finally, you'll need to get an NVidia technician to install...
  5. O

    Unreal Tournament 3 Gameplay Performance and IQ @ [H]

    I personally like Unreal Tournament 3's graphics, exaggerated bloom and all. In this sort of run-and-gun arcadey shooter, the exaggerated bloom only seems to add to the feel of the game. Everything is shiny and glossy, but it fits well with the over-the-top presentation of the rest of the game...
  6. O

    8800GT goodness

    Crank up the fan to around 60%, maybe underclock the VRAM a little. You should be okay.
  7. O

    Red Artifacts with 8800GT

    Well, I'm glad we could get it diagnosed at least. I have a replacement on the way. Here's hoping my new card doesn't have the same problem.
  8. O

    evga rma surprise

    Here's hoping my artifacting 8800GT SC gets replaced by a KO or an SSC. :D
  9. O

    Dying PSU or Bad Readings

    I'm a bit clueless when it comes to power supplies, and some recent readings from SpeedFan have me a little concerned. I've had some artifacting problems with my 8800GT, and I didn't put too much thought into a dying PSU. This is all on an Antec TruePower Trio 550W that I got in August 2006...
  10. O

    Red Artifacts with 8800GT

    I don't have access to another PSU, but mine provides enough wattage and power on the 12v rail. This is all after a driver wipe via Driver Cleaner and a fresh installation of 169.02 drivers. My temperatures are fine. I have the fan at 67%, and my load temps don't go above 70.
  11. O

    Red Artifacts with 8800GT

    I'm receiving artifacts in the form of red, purple, and pink dots. I'm using an EVGA 8800GT SC Edition. Random things also turn partially transparent, and I'm getting some white "spark" artifacts along the edges of objects. They seem to be getting worse. RMA for sure?
  12. O

    HDTV Tuner/HD In

    The KWorld TVBox 1680ex seems to support video input of up to 1080i and can output at 1280x1024. If I had it accept in an input of 720P, do you think it would have options allowing me to letterbox the video?
  13. O

    HDTV Tuner/HD In

    Hello, videophiles. I'll soon be purchasing an Xbox 360, and I'm looking forward to playing HD games on my computer monitor. I recently learned that the Xbox 360 cannot automatically letterbox content, and that some games will scale up no matter what, so I now have some interest in locating a...
  14. O

    Death Adder vs. Habu

    I'm now beginning to consider the Lachesis as well, having recently found a good deal on it. Does anyone have this one, by chance?
  15. O

    Death Adder vs. Habu

    Thanks to a good sale, I'm now able to acquire a new gaming mouse to replace my Razer Copperhead. (It works fine, but it's just not my type of mouse and I'm selling it to a friend.) Now, I have put some thought into the Razer Lachesis, but I'm just not that interested in having 4000 DPI, so my...
Back
Top