HDTV Tuner/HD In

Orayn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
243
Hello, videophiles. I'll soon be purchasing an Xbox 360, and I'm looking forward to playing HD games on my computer monitor. I recently learned that the Xbox 360 cannot automatically letterbox content, and that some games will scale up no matter what, so I now have some interest in locating a tuner or adapter that would, in essence, let me use my LCD monitor as an HDTV. How much would such an adapter cost? Am I better off just buying an HDTV?
 
it sounds like you are asking for an external video scalar. This would convert the resolution and i think offer letterboxing / zoom options. External video scalers are fantastically expensive (DVDO IScan VP50 Pro - $3500). If your LCD doesnt have the options you need, a HDTV is probably a better option.

Some computer lcd's have proper options for letterboxing the incoming video, but some dont.

A HDTV tuner is for receiving TV content from an antenna or cable co.
 
The KWorld TVBox 1680ex seems to support video input of up to 1080i and can output at 1280x1024. If I had it accept in an input of 720P, do you think it would have options allowing me to letterbox the video?
 
Back
Top