Death Adder vs. Habu

Orayn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
243
Thanks to a good sale, I'm now able to acquire a new gaming mouse to replace my Razer Copperhead. (It works fine, but it's just not my type of mouse and I'm selling it to a friend.)
Now, I have put some thought into the Razer Lachesis, but I'm just not that interested in having 4000 DPI, so my choices have been narrowed down to two: The Microsoft/Razer Habu and the Razer Death Adder. They're very similar, and I like both of them, so I'd just like it if you some of you could explain the merits and disadvantages of each. Thanks in advance!
 
Deathadder by far, the tracking on it comparable to the IE3.0 and it's overall just a great mouse.
 
I like my G9 :p But I know lots are happy with their Deathadder, and on the other hand...... I don't remember any enthusiasts that have owned the Habu... maybe it's the Microsoft influence? In any case, the Deathadder looks like a really nice mouse.
 
habu has weights, though it is a overrated feature imo

and i think it has interchangeable grips...dunno on this one:confused:
 
Don't go with the Habu just because of the weight cartridges... the weights in my G5 really don't impress me at all. I would go with the deathadder instead.
 
Went from a MS IE3 to a Logitech G5 and to a DeathAdder. Out of all of those, the DeathAdder, by FAR.
 
I'm now beginning to consider the Lachesis as well, having recently found a good deal on it. Does anyone have this one, by chance?
 
I went from microsot Intellimouse -> MX518 -> G9 -> Deathadder

Deathadder is a very nice mouse. I really like the smooth surface on it. Only gripe is the exclusion of the on the fly dpi buttons. And yes, the weight system is useless.
 
I kind of like the weight system on my G9, although it's just an extra customization, it doesn't really make a huge difference, whatever your mouse weighs, you will get used to it. It's just nice to have either a light or a heavy mouse, and I put the heavy weights into my G9.

I haven't read any reviews lately of the Habu, but I don't remember it having a weight system, I could be wrong, but I don't think it does. But from the recent responses, I think Razer's newer mice are real winners, whether it's the Deathadder or the Lachesis.

To the OP, if you can, take a run down to your local Best Buy, Office Max, Circuit City, whatever, and try to find the different mice you are looking at, and basically see which feels right to you, because basically it comes down to that. Whether it's the Deathadder or the Lachesis or maybe it's the G5 or the G9 or the Intellimouse, whatever, just see what FEELS right to you, and go from there.
 
Back
Top