• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by mtdrew

  1. M

    help with my build for protools/gaming

    so i got everything up and running tonight with relatively few hiccups. i couldn't get the system to post with all 8 GB of ram, but it works fine with 4. i'm hoping if i update the bios it will work with all 8 gigs. the power button on my case was all janky, and in attempting to fix it, it...
  2. M

    driver problems with 4870

    I'm having problems getting the current drivers for my radeon 4870 working. Im running windows vista 64. It gives me this error message: "Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware...
  3. M

    help with my build for protools/gaming

    not terribly large. the biggest project i've worked on had 12 tracks and was about 6 minutes long. i just don't want to have any hiccups in anything, recording/gaming/etc. and you guys have all talked me out of spending money on DDR3 and what not, i feel like i have to splurge on something :P...
  4. M

    optimal drive setup for sound recording?

    thanks guys saved me time & money!!! so my current understanding of raid is that it's really only useful if you're doing massive video editing...?
  5. M

    help with my build for protools/gaming

    8mb, lol, it was late. I've heard that having a lot of memory is important for sound recording. and i don't really plan to OC much. and the memory is super cheap! i don't see any reason not to if the only drawback is in the OC'ing area. thanks for your help guys, i'm gonna order tonight!
  6. M

    help with my build for protools/gaming

    nice.. i kinda liked the vendetta 2 better anyway. and that ram is so cheap, i might as well get 8 MB... booyaw.
  7. M

    Will 600w be enough?

    im building a very similar PC and have been told that my corsair 620W would be more than enough
  8. M

    help with my build for protools/gaming

    thanks for the inputs ;d I've decided to go with the asus P5Q mobo. here is my new egg wishlist. just waiting for the OK of some friends and [H]ard junkies! <3
  9. M

    What is the best alternative to QWERTY layout to attain the best possible speed...

    dvorak! http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/procon.html
  10. M

    optimal drive setup for sound recording?

    I want to run protools in windows vista. I was thinking of getting 2 hard drives in a raid 0 config, and then a 3rd drive for vista, all 3 of them being WD5000AAKS (500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s). Is this a solid plan? If so, what raid controller would you recommend? Thanks
  11. M

    help with my build for protools/gaming

    Ya I was thinking it might be overkill too.. I might just get a 4870 then. Even that should be good for 2-3 years still right? The toughest choice is still the motherboard.
  12. M

    help with my build for protools/gaming

    So I haven't built a PC in about 4 years and I'm not very up to date on current technology. I want to use this primarily for sound recording, but also for gaming. I have an external m-audio sound device that I will be running with protools. I also already have a monitor that I'd like to keep. My...
Back
Top