• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Will 600w be enough?

peekama

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 30, 2008
Messages
105
I'm getting ready to put together a new rig and I was hoping to reuse my old PSU, which is an Ultra 600w.

The new machine is gonna be:

Intel q6600
Asus P5Q Pro
Visiontek 4850
G. Skill 4GB (2x2GB)
WD 300GB hard drive
Sony DVD burner

Will 600w be enough? I know the newer GPUs can be power hogs.

Thanks
 
im building a very similar PC and have been told that my corsair 620W would be more than enough
 
I'm getting ready to put together a new rig and I was hoping to reuse my old PSU, which is an Ultra 600w.

The new machine is gonna be:

Intel q6600
Asus P5Q Pro
Visiontek 4850
G. Skill 4GB (2x2GB)
WD 300GB hard drive
Sony DVD burner

Will 600w be enough? I know the newer GPUs can be power hogs.

Thanks

The question is how much power it can supply on the 12V rail, but at a total of 600W output it "should" be able to output enough power for your needs, alternatively you can get a PSU like this one for $65 after MIR and be happy :)
 
Is it the X-Finity with the 80MM fans or the new one with the 135mm fan?

If 80mm fans, no and get a new PSU like the Corsair recommended earlier. If 135mm fan, then yes.
 
Back
Top