Recent content by mikesroth

  1. M

    CPU Bottleneck?

    I guess I should just wait until I can buy the new machines.. It is just so hard.. those Gift Cards are calling to me.... "Spend me... Spend me...."
  2. M

    CPU Bottleneck?

    I have 1 gig of Ram now, I also currently have a 939 Mobo, would I need to get both a CPU and Mobo to go to the AMD X2?
  3. M

    CPU Bottleneck?

    I wasn't sure exactly what I had back at home when I typed that. I currently have an AMD64 3000+ processor. Part of me wants to wait, but yet... the call of a new card is going hard... :) I have thought of doing a partial upgrade and do better later, but not sure if that is the right way...
  4. M

    CPU Bottleneck?

    I am thinking of upgrading my video card in my machine. Since I have a bunch of money in Gift Cards, I am thinking I might go WAY up the video card scale vs. just a minor jump. I am pretty sure that the rest of my system would be pretty slow in comparison to the card. Would that affect my...
  5. M

    Strange 360 DVD Issue

    I believe it to be a more recent versoin of the 360, as I just bought it back in June. Again, it will play a DVD fine for a bit, then it starts to act up. It is similiar to what you'd see with a bad DvD, but instead of just locking up, it keeps on going. Just with those breaks where you...
  6. M

    Strange 360 DVD Issue

    I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my HD connections on my TV. When I play games, there is no problems. But when I try to watch a movie, it randomly has video issues. Kinda like when you have a scratch on a DVD. When I reconnect the 360, to the 'regular' connections, it plays ok. Any idea...
  7. M

    Wireless Battery Indicator on Xbox 360

    Thanks for the help!! Once I knew where to look, it was easy to find... LOL
  8. M

    Wireless Battery Indicator on Xbox 360

    OK, I am sure that I am being blind here, but... Isn't there an indicator somewhere that tells you what your battery charge level on your wireless controller? Is there something that I am supposed to turn on, or am I just not seeing it? Thanks, Michael
  9. M

    Use a Widescreen LCD?

    Hmmm... thanks for the advice. I'd like to get a new card to, but..... My wife also plays those same games on her computer. (which is why I mainly only play them) The issues comes with if I upgrade my computer, I have to upgrade hers too... LOL So that means a simple $200 upgrade is $400...
  10. M

    Use a Widescreen LCD?

    I'm looking to switch over to a LCD monitor. I have been going back and forth on getting a 19", or possible a 20" widescreen. After seeing a few comments on video cards, and I wondering if my current card would be able to handle the resoltion, or if this is a non-issue. I currently have a...
  11. M

    Bad Motherboard?

    WOO HOO.. Figured it out. Good thing I've been reading all the pages. :) A friend from work was talking with me about it and something I had read about memory voltages rang a bell. I found the article and turned it off from AUTO and put it to 2.5 (We have corsair 3200), and it is all happy...
  12. M

    Bad Motherboard?

    OK... I think I found something. WHen I 'RESET' the CMOS I can turn it back on (forgot) I did that when I switched the PSUs. Then when I turn it off, dead again. But good again when I reset.
  13. M

    Bad Motherboard?

    No, forgot to get one from work. I was hoping replacing the Power Supply with the other one we bought might suffice... Looked good until I got the bright idea to turn it off, and turn it back on.
  14. M

    Bad Motherboard?

    Ok, here is where I am at now. Unplugged all the cords, removed the video card, replug the power cable: Nothing. Remove the motherboard and place it on the static pad, and plug it to the power supply: Nothing. Since I had another powersupply, I replace it with the new one, and hooked the...
  15. M

    Bad Motherboard?

    Ok, one question on this. I never have been able to get a straight answer from anyone. It seems like the 'Hardware Guys' here are work don't every ground themselves before working on machines, so they are never any help. :) We have those wrist grounding cables that you can attach to...
Back
Top