• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by matt_to_the_max

  1. M

    Why have RAM prices skyrocketed?

    I wanted to do another build for my sim rig, now I'm going to wait it out. I don't feel like paying $400 plus for 32gb of ddr5 ram.
  2. M

    Never going back ATX

    Nice build TangledThornz! How did you like building with the AP201? I was thinking about building a MFF workstation for sim racing and flight sims. Did you ever consider the Jonsbo D32 Pro or Lian Li Dan A3?
  3. M

    Triple Monitor Sim Rig with Main Display on Desk - Ran out of Ports

    Good point. It doesn't need acceleration. I just use it as a discord/spotify, etc. second monitor. I don't have an iGPU as I'm running a 5800x3d. I just checked and I can run the MSI monitors with HDMI but it's limited to 144Hz. I think that would be just fine though. However, I don't think...
  4. M

    Triple Monitor Sim Rig with Main Display on Desk - Ran out of Ports

    Hello [H]ard members, I’m running into a monitor setup challenge and could use some advice. My system uses an MSI RTX 5080, which has three DisplayPort outputs and one HDMI. On my desk, I have a dual-monitor setup with: A Dell AW3423DWF (34") connected via DisplayPort A 15" 1440p monitor...
  5. M

    Microcenter is coming back to the Bay Area!!!

    I wanted to get the flash drive but I didn't want to wait in the line. Yeah, I saw that they had a decent amount of Nvidia GPUs in stock according to their website.
  6. M

    Microcenter is coming back to the Bay Area!!!

    I live in the bay area and signed up for the early access. I drove by on Wednesday night which was the first day they were opened and there was a line out the door. I was like no thank you. I just really wanted to see what the store was like and might have bought a laptop. Never the less, I'll...
  7. M

    Post your hard drive Power On hours!

    What's the big deal with the load cycles? Isn't that part of the hard drive design? From what I found online on stack exchange, "Load/Unload Cycle Count is how often the actuator arm is parked in the loading zone. The actuator arm holds the head which reads/writes to the disk. ...The head...
  8. M

    Post your hard drive Power On hours!

    My oldest drive on my Unraid server are two 8tb Western digital drives (WDC_WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0_7JJ7XZ7C) they have 6 years of power on time, (These were shucked hard drives from an Easystore External hard drive.) I recently upgraded some to 20tb and 14tb drives. Eventually I will replace these two...
  9. M

    Worth upgrading from a 3080ti to 5080?

    StoleMyOwnCar, if I had to guess why people buy the RTX 5080 as much as the 5070ti is because of supply. I couldn't find any RTX 5070ti's or 5080s in store (BestBuy) or online in the past couple months. I did find a PNY RTX 5080 that was a store return but ended up not getting that. I instead...
  10. M

    SOLD: FS: MSI RTX 3070Ti Ventus 3X 8GB

    Hello, I am selling a MSI RTX 3070Ti that runs great and has never been mined on. I sold this GPU to my roommate who used it for a few years after I bought a RTX 3080Ti. (He mostly plays AOE4 and simulation games.) I recently bought a RTX 5080 and gave him the 3080Ti. Price: $220 shipped with...
  11. M

    Worth upgrading from a 3080ti to 5080?

    So I got the upgrade itch... haha. I ended up get a prebuilt PC from costco that came with a R9 9900X and RTX 5080. I used it for a few days and ran some benchmarks. Then one day I turn it on and there was no video output. I switched to the onboard GPU with hdmi and saw the video. I rebooted the...
  12. M

    Compu USA trade in laptop program

    I mean maybe that Compaq 9232 is a collectable? lol you never know. When I saw this thread pop up I was like what the hell, I thought Comp USA closed? haha
  13. M

    Worth upgrading from a 3080ti to 5080?

    I might look into the 9070XT but I feel like I can wait until the next generation. Regardless, you all make good points and I'm not going to go forward with the RTX 5080. Best buy never called me too. I think I'm happy enough with the frame rates I'm getting with my 3080ti.
  14. M

    Worth upgrading from a 3080ti to 5080?

    Hi everyone, I currently have a RTX 3080ti. I run at a resolution of 3440x1440 on my main monitor for gaming. I play FPS, some RTS, and other games such as Marvel Rivals. Is it worth upgrading to the RTX 5080? I ask because I walked into my local best buy store and they had a PNY RTX 5080 that a...
  15. M

    Testing with Windows 11 2H24 Insider Preview reveals MASSIVE performance increases on Zen Architectures

    Will this Windows 11 build make any difference for the Zen 3 architecture? I'm rocking a 5800x3d and running Windows 10.
Back
Top