Recent content by matrixhasyou

  1. M

    What is special about linux

  2. M

    Need Dual Display Help

    I am thinking about buying a samsung 17 inch lcd at officemax and currently have a sony 15 inch lcd. I have a geforce mx 440 and I check the nvidia website and it says it supports dual display monitors, but when I look at the back it has one dvi and one vga. Do you think this will still work...
  3. M

    What is special about linux

    I am sort of new to this linux thing and thought I should start to learn about it. I am a freshman majoring in computer science and any information good. What is special about linux. I hear that programmers use it alot or something. Can you explain in full detail how it differs from windows...
  4. M

    Vista Upgrade Question

    Ok, I am going to be building a brand new computer in late November around black friday because maybe there might be some special deals. It will be $2500 including a widescreen monitor and duo core 2. I was wondering, since Vista wont come out until I think January or later, could I burn windows...
  5. M

    Should I buy now or wait longer

    Also one more thing, where do you recommend me to buy all the parts for me to build the computer. I know you will all suggest newegg, but sometimes they send alot of broken things I hear. I have every major store around me as far as electronics wise. Just wondering so I can go ahead on the...
  6. M

    Should I buy now or wait longer

    Thanks for all your opinions. Thats what I was thinking of doing was buy now as well.
  7. M

    Should I buy now or wait longer

    I am a computer science major freshman and was wondering if I build a computer now or should I wait longer in the future for more improvements. For example I was thinking of building a dual core intel computer around black friday because of all the sales, but was wondering if new technology is...
  8. M

    Need serious help choosing. Have huge $$$

    Yea I know, but that goes a little extreme in size, I think 24 inch is max I should go. My desk is also being upgraded so I will get more space. Currently have a glass desk thing that is large but you cant multitask on it because of the shape. I will buy a huge corner desk for it though. I was...
  9. M

    Need serious help choosing. Have huge $$$

    Hey I am new here, but I have been watching this website for along time. I have seen alot of reviews for every monitor in here, but everytime something looks good, someone brings up a problem with that monitor. I have about $2000 that I am going to spend on building a computer and buying a...
Back
Top