Vista Upgrade Question

Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
8
Ok, I am going to be building a brand new computer in late November around black friday because maybe there might be some special deals. It will be $2500 including a widescreen monitor and duo core 2. I was wondering, since Vista wont come out until I think January or later, could I burn windows vista beta to a cd and use that as an operating system on the new computer until the full version comes out so I dont have to but xp as well. Please give me your suggestions and thanks for your time.
 
Yes, you can do that, but be aware of a few things:

1) You must quickly register for a key so you can activate the beta. If not, you'll have 14 days to use it.
2) You should make sure all of your hardware/software is compatible. There are still issues, as it's in beta.
3) Vista may be quite costly when it does finally ship, so save some of your budget for it.
 
Back
Top