Recent content by MarkK79

  1. M

    Gaming with an Asus vs229h-p?

    Space restrictions limit me to a 22" monitor. I currently have a Samsung TN panel running at 1680X1050. Graphics card is Radeon 6950 2GB. Use is mainly gaming. I wanted to upgrade to 1920X1080. After a bunch of research, came up with the Asus VS229h-p IPS panel. Anybody have any...
  2. M

    Upgrade my 22" 1680X1050 to a 22" 1920X1080?

    Thanks for the replies. Does anybody find the text and icons too small on a 22" 1080p monitor? I am sure gaming is great with the extra resolution but I am concerned that internet and word processing may suffer from being too small?
  3. M

    Upgrade my 22" 1680X1050 to a 22" 1920X1080?

    I just built a new computer with a 2500k processor and a 2GB AMD Radeon 6950 graphics card. I am currently utilizing a 22" Samsung Syncmaster 225BW with a native resolution of 1680X1050. I would love to upgrade to a new 23" or 24" 1080p monitor but my computer desk enclosure won't allow it...
  4. M

    new build - E8500 board?

    I am leaning toward and E8500 CPU, 4 GB DDR2 RAM (unless someone can convince me DDR3 is worth it), Vista and 4870 or 260 video card. No plan to ever SLI or Crossfire. Primarily a gaming rig. Don't plan to overclock. Haven't built a PC in about 3 years - should I be looking at P35...
  5. M

    Asus p5b, E6600 - what memory?

    Building my first rig with Asus P5B and E6600. Want to put 2GB Ram in there. No overclocking. Mainly for games. Any suggestions as to memory brand and speed? Looking to spend between $175 - $225. If I'm not overclocking, any sense in getting 800 or 667 as opposed to 533? Thanks.
  6. M

    conroe memory - 533, 667 or 800?

    I have been through these forums and there seems to be so many different opinions on the best memory for conroe. Assuming I do not want to overclock: Is 533 the best because it is a 1:1 match with the 1066 fsb? Would non-overclocked 667 actually be slower than 533 because of the multiplier...
  7. M

    upgrade: 7800 gt SLI or X1900?

    I want to upgrade my system so that I can run the latest games with most eye candy turned on. I currently have a single eVGA 7800 gt in an Asus SLI motherboard with 1 GB RAM. My monitors' native resolution is 1280X1024 so I won't be running at any resolution higher than that. CPU is AMD...
  8. M

    Asus SLI Premium and EZ-Plug?

    2 questions: 1. If I am running a single videocard on this board (7800 GT), do i have to plug a power cable into the EZ-plug? Should I? Or is EZ Plug only used if running 2 cards? 2. I have an Antec TruPower 480W power supply with a 20 pin power connector. This board requires a 24...
  9. M

    upgrading mobos - clean WinXP necessary?

    Just got a new LCD monitor with a 1280X1024 resolution. So want to get a better videocard to run games at that resolution. Currently have a 6800GT on a AGP mobo with 1 gig RAM and FX-53. So I am looking to upgrade to a PCIe mobo and 7800GT. I do not want to lose the programs and data on my...
Back
Top