Recent content by kraegor

  1. K

    MSi-H55-E23 & DVI Issue

    Hey guys, So lets start out by this: Intel i3-540 processor MSI-H55-E23 Motherboard My issue is, the VGA port works 100% fine. The DVI port on the other hand does not. This happened with a total of 3 systems (all do not work). And all are the same spec. The i3-540 has the integrated...
  2. K

    Help with SATA Tower Enclusure Build.

    The price range is anything under what that beast costs. Basically he is looking for raid storage system that can hold up to 10 1TB drives, but that is all in one that doesn't require a lot of maintenence. He sees this as that, but I think that he can do the same thing better and cheaper...
  3. K

    Help with SATA Tower Enclusure Build.

    Hey guys, My friend is looking into buying one of these: http://www.pc-pitstop.com/sata_enclosures/scsata12t.asp And I am almost 100% sure that there is a way to build this yourself for a fraction of this cost. Does anyone have any good links, ideas, products, or advice if one was...
  4. K

    DX4-100 vs Pentium 60.. Looks like Zeos built a beast!

    Remember that todays MHz/GHz are not "true" Ghz and Mhz compared to back then. Because of smaller die processes 90nm, 45nm etc, the cycle rate of a Gigahertz has increased exponentially. Otherwise we would still all be using 3.0ghz Pentiums from 5 years ago, as they would be the same speed...
  5. K

    [H]ot Deal - 2GB OCZ PC2-8500 SLI-Ready $51 (MIR)

    Buy.com had a sale this morning on thier: OCZ 2GB ( 2 x 1GB ) NVIDIA SLI Ready Edition PC2-8500 1066MHz 240-pin DDR2 Memory - OCZ2N1066SR2GK $51.99 after $35.00 MIR Before I could find someone to post this for me on Hot Deals Section (I don't have 50 posts yet). It seems they may be...
  6. K

    MP3 Player Suggestions?

    Honestly? I am waiting for the Meizu to come out, but there are plenty of other MP3 players out there, especially from China, that match, or even surpass the IPOD touch. There are ones out there with 8gb that can read 8gb MiniSD cards. Just Get an 8gb, and buy yourself like 5 4gb SD...
  7. K

    Coolermaster RC-690 Power Button

    I have a Coolermaster RC-690.. but the power button seems to be extremely cheap. After about 50 times of pushing it off and on, it seems to have collapsed upon itself, and now requires a great deal of pressure to get it to trigger. Is this possibly just a spring issue, or something I should...
  8. K

    A Computer that can do it all?!?

    You can mod your own case by getting an ultra slim case, fanless video card, cpu cooler with a silent 120 fan, and 2 other 120 fans inside to keep air circulation going. Then you can mount your LCD on swivel or hinge brackets to the side of the case so it can fold out. Instant portable...
  9. K

    XFX 8400GS & Blu-Ray

    I found this on newegg, same card, different manufacturer, its foxconn, and I do believe it has HDTV capabilities. Its only 19 bucks AR too. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814186030
  10. K

    "Lightweight" HTPC Questions

    Hey guys, First of all, I am not a noob at building PC's, I have been doing it for over 10 years, but HTPC is a different bag when it comes to certain things, so I am looking for some quick easy answers. 1. Do you have to have a full blown processor core to record/encode divx movies using...
  11. K

    Cheapest LGA775 with dual ethernet and 8gb+ capable?

    The only board I could find that had most of what you where looking for was the: Foxconn X38A LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186134 Unfortunately its $210.00 If you are willing to live without the Dual 1gb ports and...
  12. K

    Cheapest LGA775 with dual ethernet and 8gb+ capable?

    Foxconn, Gigabyte and a few others make ones. But you really don't need it, because if you have that money to spend or want to, you can just buy 4gb simms. Checking on boards now.
  13. K

    Cheapest LGA775 with dual ethernet and 8gb+ capable?

    Oh also, with 6 slots of memory (the most I am aware of they make for 775 boards available to the public) there are only like.. 8 boards out there. So it severely reduces your pool of candidates.
  14. K

    Cheapest LGA775 with dual ethernet and 8gb+ capable?

    Well, first some questions. Is this a "until I find something better board" or a "I am on a budget board" or more of a, I am "looking to last me 2 years board"? Also. Do you want to run SLI/Crossfire? Or think about it in the future? DDR3 compatable? Sata 1 or Sata 2? ESata...
  15. K

    IP3-Pro & USB Keyboard

    A little tip to keep this from happening in the future: Slipstream your XP CD, load it with pre-drivers for the Chipsets, Raid Drivers, etc. I am sure you already know this, but it prevents SOOO much hassle. This is especially the case with the HD Audio Drivers and USB drivers, OMG! Such...
Back
Top