"Lightweight" HTPC Questions

kraegor

n00b
Joined
May 3, 2007
Messages
36
Hey guys,

First of all, I am not a noob at building PC's, I have been doing it for over 10 years, but HTPC is a different bag when it comes to certain things, so I am looking for some quick easy answers.

1. Do you have to have a full blown processor core to record/encode divx movies using a HTPC? Could you get away with running a Nano-ITX or Pico-ITX system to do this?

2. Are there currently any dual tuner cards out there that support HD and regular signals? (I am looking at saving space, and can't be dealing with 3+ PCI slots)

3. Is a linux or Media Center better OS to run for this? (Personally leaning towards a linux because of price/hassle)

Just a few questions to get me started down my long road.
 
Back
Top