• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by jhatfie

  1. jhatfie

    Anyone overclocking their 9070 XT?

    I would not hesitate to pick up the ASRock myself. Super happy with my Steel Legend 9070XT (so much so I just picked up another for my son) and the Taichi is the better version.
  2. jhatfie

    [H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears 2025

    Managed to snag another ASRock Steel Legend 9070 XT today from NewEgg. Briefly showed in stock not in a combo. Price has been increased to $699, but still a bargain compared to some of these other prices. My son is going to be pumped.
  3. jhatfie

    Anyone overclocking their 9070 XT?

    Digging the color coordination with the steel legend. Easily gives an extra frame or two. 😁
  4. jhatfie

    Anyone overclocking their 9070 XT?

    Messing with my ASRock Steel Series 9070XT. So far it has been pretty fun to mess with. Testing using Port Royal I got my best results with offset -140mv, +400 max frequency, 2780mhz memory clock(standard timing), +10% power. Lower offset or higher memory lead to smaller score. Not sure if...
  5. jhatfie

    [H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears 2025

    Oh I've ran tons of AMD GPU's with at least one card from every generation in the house someplace (Had a 7900XTX before the 4080 Super and ran a 4090 for a while as well this last gen), never had any major issues. My son has a 7900XT since around release and has been problem free as well.
  6. jhatfie

    [H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears 2025

    Found a guy locally that had the AsRock Steel Legend 9070XT and SL-1000GW PSU combo from newegg he was selling for what he paid. He had tested the 9070XT, but decided to go the Nvidia route. So I picked up the combo for $900 (cost + tax), sold my 4080 Super for $1350 and picked up a 9800X3D...
  7. jhatfie

    Will you jump on 40xx Super Video cards or would you rather wait for 50xx series to come out?

    I was debating selling my 4090 and downgrading to a 4080 Super, but since I game at 4k and even though the 4080S would be plenty for most games, some games like Alan Wake 2 hammer my 4090....so I decided against it even though I had a 4080S in cart. If it had been a little more performance...
  8. jhatfie

    7900xtx or 4080 super?

    Yeah, all the PC's in my house are on the same OS, currently running 11 on all of them. Drivers are almost always up to date (my son is a little lazy updating though). Funnily enough I updated my Nvidia drivers today and my system black screened while updating and required a hard reboot. RT...
  9. jhatfie

    7900xtx or 4080 super?

    I've been running my 4090 for a while now, but I owned a XFX 7900 XTX (great card) before it and my son is currently running the 7900 XT. Before that, we both had 6900 XT's and my daughter was on a 3060. And even before that, I've run a LONG list of AMD/Nvidia cards (been building computers...
  10. jhatfie

    FT: Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC

    Picked up a Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC from NKD here on these forums a ways back for my brother, but it and his ASRock Taichi B650E motherboard refuse to work together. The card works fine in his old build, works in my son's build and works on my build, just refuses to work where it is...
  11. jhatfie

    $1160 4080 vs $910 7900 XTX???

    Having owned a 7900 XTX and currently a 4090, I'd absolutely get the 7900 XTX for $910 over a $1160 4080. Even with a 4090, I still find RT to be trash on most games that offer it and you pointed out that it is not a big deal with you. Unless Nvidia has some feature that you absolutely MUST...
  12. jhatfie

    Anyone seriously considering the 4070 TI

    Exactly, the main problem I have with the 4070ti. In 2023, only having 12GB of VRAM for $800 seems crazy to me and severely limits the cards potential. For me it might not be a big deal because I swap hardware fairly often, but most people hang onto hardware for years. I currently run a 4090...
  13. jhatfie

    XFX 7900xtx Merc Used

    Great price for a fantastic card and a great seller!
  14. jhatfie

    Anyone running a 4090 on sub 1KW PSU?

    I believe the idea of using a 1000W PSU with a high end system with a 4090 for sure has merit, it just is not absolutely required if you already have a good high power PSU. A 1000W would be more in it's efficiency sweetspot and would have overhead for future GPU/CPU power demands and compensate...
  15. jhatfie

    FS:NIB XFX 7900 XTX MERC 310 Black *OR* NIB Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC

    That XFX Merc is a fantastic card! Bump for you!
Back
Top