Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
This is a pretty simple question, but I was just making sure I wasn't missing something. I got an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard. The on board LAN and audio jacks basically means it won't match up with the metal punch outs on my case. The solution is obviously to just cut the entire punch...
I got my motherboard today, and the manual says you can just plug a 20-pin PSU in right into the 24-pin spot and leave the 4-pins unconnected on the end. Problem solved.
Yes, that helps to ease my fears. I don't do much upgrading, I usually keep a computer for 3 or 4 years and then build a new one. I have a feeling that things will change even more by then that there is a chance if I did get a 24-pin PSU it might even be obsolete by then too. I am just glad...
OK, I just wanted to make sure the adapter from 20-pin to 24-pin motherboard wouldn't complicate things. If I thought/knew that it would I would probably just buy another PSU and send this one back (and eat the shipping cost).
OK, can somebody just say whether or not this is going to melt my computer down or not? I'm not overclocking and know jack shit about rails and voltage blah blah blah. Is this going to work and not cause some sort of electrical failure?
I ended up buying a Fortron 530W 20-pin model ( http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-968&depa=0 ). I figure this will have all the juice I will need in the foreseeable future, especially since people say Fortron's are conservative in their wattage estimate. So since...
Hahahaha! That is why I made this thread. Thankfully for 10 dollars more, that problem is solved. Anything else? The case is cheap, but all the reviews speak really highly of it. Also, I have another case here in case that one is total shit. I just want something fresh, and that had very...
Hey, this is the 2nd computer I've built, and just wanted to double check on here that there weren't any inconsistencies before I went ahead and ordered. Missing from that list are IDE cables, RAM, and hard drives. I already have these. I will be using 1GB of PC2100 RAM until I upgrade (I...
I came across this note on the power supply page review I was looking to buy:
F.Y.I -- This PSU has a 20 Pin Main connector and a 4 Pin +12V connector, no PCI Express Connector. Super quite. A high quality unit for the $$. Newegg is a pioneer in sorting PSU's in versions, but wish they would...
Thanks for the replies. That thread seems really useful, but I'm still wondering what the range of wattage I should be looking for is?
Also, it's not that I am looking exclusively at 20-pin models, it's just that the 24-pin ones I have seen are very expensive, and there isn't much selection.
My family had a K6-2 and it was the first non-90mhz computer I had ever had, so I was really impressed with the speed. When I decided to build mine, I got an Athlon 500, and it was cheap and that computer treated me well. When I had to build again a few years ago I got an Athlon XP, and it...
I'm building another computer, and I'm sort of out of the loop I guess. Firstly, the motherboard I'll be usng accepts 24-pin, but I think 20-pin might be cheaper and then just buy an adapter for that. The hardware I'll be running is an AMD 64 3200+, Geforce 6600GT, MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum mobo...