• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Case punch outs don't match mobo

Helorot

n00b
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
13
This is a pretty simple question, but I was just making sure I wasn't missing something. I got an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard. The on board LAN and audio jacks basically means it won't match up with the metal punch outs on my case. The solution is obviously to just cut the entire punch out section out completely, but I'm thinking this might cause a dust issue? Is this what people generally do in this situation?
 
Genraly , the motherboard comes with its own IO shield to match its outputs. Your current case IO shield should be a press fit and as such, easily removed with a litte force.

If the case shield is permanent than you have a very old or very cheap case
 
Back
Top