• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by graldensblud

  1. G

    Mac slot drive into a PC?

  2. G

    DVD player software that can...

    Bingo, first player that can do it that i've found. You weren't kidding about the choppiness though, were you! However, it is in fact negative offset i need (audio ahead of video), but i can manage the 0.26s (which Plantronics say their setup uses), without CPU intensity hitting 100% / no...
  3. G

    DVD player software that can...

    Sgraffite: Zoomplayer's "resynch audio" hotkeys work well for media files, but only seem to work in media mode ie for avi files on a HDD etc, not for DVDs. Spot on suggestion though. arkamw: ffdshow only lets you delay the audio. I need to advance it. It won't take negative numbers :( I...
  4. G

    DVD player software that can...

    Bluetooth wireless headphones have a lag of around 0.25s on the best stereo ones around (e.g Plantronics Pulsar 590), which is fine for music etc, but for DVDs the official advice is to lag the video playback deliberately . Apparently some DVD software can do this. The question is therefore...
  5. G

    Wireless headphone setup, portable

    Hi all, its been a while. :) So, I'm considering getting a new set of headphones, cos i'm fed up of going through cheap sets that break or the wires wear out. So I've wound up looking at wireless "bluetooth headsets" and "RF headsets". Trouble is, invariably either the audio quality is...
  6. G

    What if?

    Thanks for the sounding board. Might investigate the cloning option, since that only need be a cheap/loud HDD if its mostly never even connected.
  7. G

    What if?

    Hi This is all in the "what if" stages. I'm considering getting a 2nd hard drive for my perfectly ordinary PC. You see, it occurred to me whilst formatting system (stubborn virus) that if I put all my programmes on a different physical drive to the operating system (XP pro), i could freely...
  8. G

    Pioneer DVR-109 "Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed"

    Okay, so i've got that software and am looking at the crazy-long list of what i have going on. Most of what I recognise as "codecs" are listed under "directshow filters" (where there's about 50 or so entrys but many are i think for audio). There are about a dozen under "video compressors" as...
  9. G

    Pioneer DVR-109 "Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed"

    How do i tell? I mean, I have loads of codecs installed , but that doesn't tell me which one a given dvd wants to use/uses. (something like the Gspot utility only works for telling you what codec is needed for a given avi/mpg files - wheras the dvd contans .bup .vob and .ifo files only)
  10. G

    Pioneer DVR-109 "Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed"

    Hi All I build myself a nice happy desktop PC last autumn, been using it for uni/design work. Just got around to playing a DVD on it. I have a Pioneer DVR-109 as my DVD(+&-)RW drive. If I play a dvd with winDVD, it crashes about 5-10 minutes in, no error, programme just dies. So i thought...
  11. G

    3d design program

    i know sketchup, and whilst it can do curvyness, its not, erm, very sophistimicated about it. ;) . 3d studio Ra Ra Ra!
  12. G

    Dust filters

    I've got a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case, the one with no side window, which i'm planning to build a new system into. A friend with this case realised that it has 2 extract fans (incl PSU) to one intake fan, and has apparently improved thermal performance/balance by opening a PCI slot as...
  13. G

    AutoCAD Gurus In The House?

    can i ask where you get your cad symbols ("blocks" if you prefer) of the pc components? and are they generic fans for example, or specific? I just fancy doing a space proving exercise before i go and order all the bits for my tsunami dream.
  14. G

    3d design program

    see if you can get a copy of 3d studio max (v7 is the latest). Its somewhat advanced but is the best i know for handling curvy shapes.
Back
Top