graldensblud
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 2, 2005
- Messages
- 28
Hi all, its been a while.
So, I'm considering getting a new set of headphones, cos i'm fed up of going through cheap sets that break or the wires wear out. So I've wound up looking at wireless "bluetooth headsets" and "RF headsets". Trouble is, invariably either the audio quality is rubbish (logitech reverse-tiara styled ones) or they look ugly (sennheiser RF ones). I do classical music so I need a decent sound quality. And I want to wear these both at home and out, I think.
Ball park I'm prepared to spend ~£100 but there's considerable flexibilty (both ways!) in that, dependent on value-for-money mainly. I really like the Shure E-series ear-canal headphones which start at £50 and go up to $550. But that's wired tech. You can't even get ear-canal headphones which are wireless.
So this got me thinking. Nothing says the RF receiver has to be the same unit as the headphones. I mean, if I put a bluetooth dongle or a RF emitter (which I have) into my PC i could receive the audio at another random device in my pocket, into which I plug my headphones. If the receiver exists. The exact opposite of this arrangement - i want the portable bit to receive the audio, not send it. Anybody seen such a gadget in a random website?
Or any neater ideas how I can reasonably achieve what I want
decent wireless audio. Maybe that's asking too much...
So, I'm considering getting a new set of headphones, cos i'm fed up of going through cheap sets that break or the wires wear out. So I've wound up looking at wireless "bluetooth headsets" and "RF headsets". Trouble is, invariably either the audio quality is rubbish (logitech reverse-tiara styled ones) or they look ugly (sennheiser RF ones). I do classical music so I need a decent sound quality. And I want to wear these both at home and out, I think.
Ball park I'm prepared to spend ~£100 but there's considerable flexibilty (both ways!) in that, dependent on value-for-money mainly. I really like the Shure E-series ear-canal headphones which start at £50 and go up to $550. But that's wired tech. You can't even get ear-canal headphones which are wireless.
So this got me thinking. Nothing says the RF receiver has to be the same unit as the headphones. I mean, if I put a bluetooth dongle or a RF emitter (which I have) into my PC i could receive the audio at another random device in my pocket, into which I plug my headphones. If the receiver exists. The exact opposite of this arrangement - i want the portable bit to receive the audio, not send it. Anybody seen such a gadget in a random website?
Or any neater ideas how I can reasonably achieve what I want