• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by gporche

  1. G

    Nostalgia... DOS..

    I still have folowing software: Dos 5.0, Dos 6.1, Dos 6.22,Win 3.1, Win 3.11 for workgroups, win95, Win 05 w USB, win 98, Win 98SE, Win 2000, Win XPPro, Vista ultimate. Have run Dos and some old versions of Win in virtual machine. Lots of old software such as Qemm, Noton Utilities, Word 6.0 and...
  2. G

    OCZ prompt service

    I recently had my 850 watt OCZ power supply starting to fail. On 2/23/09, I started a service ticket at OCZ describing the problem. Within 24 hrs, I had email from OCZ with instructins to obtain an RMA. I had the form the same day. Within a few days, I sent the old power supply (RMA0 back to OCZ...
  3. G

    Mysterious problem with computer

    Please close this thread as the problem has been solved. The power supply was going bad. Replaced power supply and all is well. OCZ is replacing the power supply for me. I have currently installe a Thermaltake toughpower 850 watt sli modular power supply. This is my first modular power supply...
  4. G

    Mysterious problem with computer

    Woofer00, the capacitor makes sense. My son had a mb that was doing the same thing but worse. The problem was a leaking capacitor on themb. This mb is acting simular. Funny, the mb's were by different companies but the chipsets are both nvidia.
  5. G

    Mysterious problem with computer

    hossdaddy, when I press the power switch on the front of the case, the lights on the mb come on indicating the mb is getting power.
  6. G

    Mysterious problem with computer

    In the last week, I have had a mysterious problem with my computer. I bott it in the morning and it runs perfectly all day long. I shut it down just before I go to bed. Herein lies the problem. The next day when I go to turn it on, I hear the click from the power button and the MB light comes on...
  7. G

    Vista 32/64 bit retail version question

    The retail version of Vista Ultimate (both the stand alone and upgrade versions) come with 32 bit and 64 bit DVD's. They have one key. You may instal and activate either one but not both at the same time. If you start with 32 bit activated and decide you want to switch to 64 bit, Just...
  8. G

    180.48 Driver problem.

    I/m having a slightly different situation with these new drivers. My card is An XFX8800GS. In Precision tools with the 178,24 drivers, I can't access and change the fan speed on the GPU. With thr new 180.48 drivers, I can change the fan speed. But since I installed the new drivers, I have been...
  9. G

    Updating Windows 98?

    Right around the end of support for Win 98, MS made available a download of all the patches for Win 98 up until the end. I have this download on a CD. But I don't know if it is still available from MS or if it may be available somewhere else on the Web. You might search MS for the download. I...
  10. G

    Is a XFX9800GT a decent card

    Is the XFX9800GT a decent card fo normal usage. I don't play games. Use computer for Web editing, Word and Excel and Web browsing. I currently have a XFX8800GS and it does everything I need very well. I can get the XFX9800GT for $99 after $30 rebate
  11. G

    IE7 keeps crashing.

    Since between 10/16 and 10/20, IE7 has been locking up in Vista 64 and XP 32. Two things happened about this time. I installed this months Windows updates and up graded to the latest Flash Player (V10).These are the only things the 2 machines have in common as far as changes go. On the Vista...
  12. G

    IE7 freezing after Windows updates

    On 10/20/08, I downloaded and installed several Windows updates fro MS. After installation, I started getting freezes in IE7. Had to use task manager and restart IE7. Didn't cause a computer shutdown or freeze, just IE7. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.I have been trying different...
  13. G

    Memory chip crashed

    I have a Asus P4B running Win XP Pro with 2 X512 mb PC133 ram. One memory stick crashed. I can replace it with a generic chip for $16 free shipping. The other 512 Stick is good Corsair and runs XP just fine. I only use this computer for email and some spreadsheets and a few other programs but...
  14. G

    Attn Vista users

    This update was in last months updates and was installed successfully on my system in August.
  15. G

    Buddy has a Virius

    Nod32 is the best. What I like is that once installed, you can almost forget about it.No interaction necessary.I am going to install it on my new computer when liscense is renewed in November
Back
Top