• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IE7 freezing after Windows updates

gporche

n00b
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
61
On 10/20/08, I downloaded and installed several Windows updates fro MS. After installation, I started getting freezes in IE7. Had to use task manager and restart IE7. Didn't cause a computer shutdown or freeze, just IE7. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.I have been trying different software versions of my nVidia System tools and Nvidia graphics drivers but problem still persists. So loaded the latest drivers and software again. Then this morning I went to the installed updates on my computer. One of the updates I installed on 10/20/08 was a cumalative update for IE7 (KB958644). I uninstalled that update and have not had any IE freezes in several hours. Some Windows updates have caused problems with people's computers in the past. I will monitor this for several days and see if the problem is solved. Has any one else had a problem with KB958644 update?

Correction; The update is KB956390, not KB958644
 
Back
Top