Recent content by Erehael

  1. E

    Dell U2711 on Laptop. Unable to select max resolution

    Found a DisplayPort to HDMI cable I had lying around. This let's me select a max resolution of 1920x1080@24H. The driver seems to recognize the monitor as "tv screen". At least it's a small improvement. The mouse is quite sluggish though, must be the low refresh rate.. I also just remembered...
  2. E

    Dell U2711 on Laptop. Unable to select max resolution

    Looks like I'm out of luck.. Gonna hook the laptop to my old monitor then for the time being. Thanks a lot for digging up all that info. Not going to spend >100$ on an adapter since I'm using the laptop for the Win8 eval only. I'm wondering though, how do people manage when hooking up their...
  3. E

    Dell U2711 on Laptop. Unable to select max resolution

    Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I thought the same thing, but the weird thing is that I'm able to select 1920x1200 using the same cable when hooking up my BenQ..
  4. E

    Dell U2711 on Laptop. Unable to select max resolution

    I just got a Dell U2711 and it works perfectly fine when connected to my desktop. I then hooked my HP 5310m to the second DVI port using the DisplayPort to DVI cable. However I am not able to select a higher resolution than 1680x1050. On my old monitor (Benq 24" TFT) I was able to select its...
  5. E

    Computer does not boot

    Hi, I'm having a strange problem with my htpc that I just can't figure out. When I turn it on, all the fans are running and the Power and HD lights are on. However I don't get a video signal and the HD light never turns off/blinks. I disconnected the HD and removed the video card, same...
  6. E

    PS3 as HTPC: Questions (Linux etc)

    Hi, I'm planning to buy a PS3 very soon to use as a HTPC. I have a few questions though: - Which Linux distro should I put on it? YDL, ubuntu..? Main criterias would be HTPC features and ease of use as I'm not a Linux expert (yet). - I'm planning to use it to watch divx / xvid movies. I...
  7. E

    Razer HP-1 problems (bass etc)

    Well I finally got the Bass working after playing around with the settings in Creative's driver. Took a combination of calibrating the speakers and changing them from 5.1 to 2.1 and back :confused: Thanks for the help!
  8. E

    Razer HP-1 problems (bass etc)

    Thanks a lot for you help. I'll try that tonight when I get home. I already played around with some settings in the Creative Drivers but I didn't get any improvement what so ever. Just increasing the Bass in the Volume Tab makes it all distorted.
  9. E

    Razer HP-1 problems (bass etc)

    So I just got the Razer HP-1 Headphones and I'm quite happy with them, except for the Bass. The Bass setting on the 'remote' does absolutely nothing. I did hook it up to my Audigy 2 ZS correctly as the 5.1 surround is working. Does anybody have some experience/tips on how to get more Bass...
  10. E

    Titan Quest

    Anyone know if there'll be a service like closed Battle.net? I didn't really like the font they are using and the inventory could use a "sort automatically" function. And there doesn't seem to be any gore/blood in the game. I just feels weird slashing a satyr with a big sword and not see any...
  11. E

    Oblivion - Mods and Mod Ideas

    Anyone know if there's a mod that adds more blood to the game? It's hard to tell if you are actually hitting anything.
  12. E

    Dual-Wield in Oblivion?

    Is it possible?
  13. E

    Battle for Middle-Earth 2 SLI Profile?

    Does anyone have a working SLI profile for Battle for Middle-Earth 2? It didn't come with 84.20. I tried to create one myself, but no matter which settings i try for lotrbfme2.exe, they don't seem to take effect.
Back
Top