Hi,
I'm planning to buy a PS3 very soon to use as a HTPC. I have a few questions though:
- Which Linux distro should I put on it? YDL, ubuntu..? Main criterias would be HTPC features and ease of use as I'm not a Linux expert (yet).
- I'm planning to use it to watch divx / xvid movies. I heard there are some performance issues, are these solved by now?
- Some links to good websites dealing with these topics would be great.
- Are there any restrictions of using the PS3 as a HTPC you can think of compared to a SFF Media Center PC?
- Does the wireless Logitech Media Keyboard for the PS3 work with any Linux distro?
Thanks a lot in advance.
I'm planning to buy a PS3 very soon to use as a HTPC. I have a few questions though:
- Which Linux distro should I put on it? YDL, ubuntu..? Main criterias would be HTPC features and ease of use as I'm not a Linux expert (yet).
- I'm planning to use it to watch divx / xvid movies. I heard there are some performance issues, are these solved by now?
- Some links to good websites dealing with these topics would be great.
- Are there any restrictions of using the PS3 as a HTPC you can think of compared to a SFF Media Center PC?
- Does the wireless Logitech Media Keyboard for the PS3 work with any Linux distro?
Thanks a lot in advance.