Computer does not boot

Erehael

n00b
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
13
Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with my htpc that I just can't figure out.

When I turn it on, all the fans are running and the Power and HD lights are on. However I don't get a video signal and the HD light never turns off/blinks.
I disconnected the HD and removed the video card, same result. The mainboard does not seem to advance past the "power up" stage.
I removed the battery on the mainboard for a bit but that didn't help. I mean if the mainboard would have a problem, it should beep right?

I am running out of ideas. It's probably the mainboard, but how can I be sure?

Here's the hardware:
Asus P5B-E
Intel Core 2 Duo E4300
Corsair TWIN2X2048-5400C4
Samsung HD321KJ, T166S, 7200rpm
Asus EN8500GT SILENT/HTD/256, PCI-E
Nesteq NA 4501,450w
Netgear WG311T Wireless PCI-Adapter 802.11g


Thanks in advance for any help.
 
I'm having this problem on my computer I just replaced. Swapped out everything I could, and the only things I couldn't test was the mobo and proc. I sent the mobo back to asus and they said it was fine.... Looks like I need to spend 150 dollars on a new proc. It is an E6600.
 
make sure the pc speaker is connected properly,

1: -- first: only the psu, cpu (with fan) & pc speaker (if it's good, you should hear a beep)
2: -- second: psu, cpu (with fan), pc speaker, and RAM (if it's good, you should hear a different beep)
3: -- third: psu, cpu (with fan), pc speaker, RAM, and vid card (if it's good, you should be able to see the POST screen, and hear only one beep)
4: -- fourth: now connect your drives and other cards
 
make sure the pc speaker is connected properly,

1: -- first: only the psu, cpu (with fan) & pc speaker (if it's good, you should hear a beep)
2: -- second: psu, cpu (with fan), pc speaker, and RAM (if it's good, you should hear a different beep)
3: -- third: psu, cpu (with fan), pc speaker, RAM, and vid card (if it's good, you should be able to see the POST screen, and hear only one beep)
4: -- fourth: now connect your drives and other cards

yah... what she said. detailed instructions are in the basic troubleshooting guide sticky thread, btw. ;)

I'm having this problem on my computer I just replaced. Swapped out everything I could, and the only things I couldn't test was the mobo and proc. I sent the mobo back to asus and they said it was fine.... Looks like I need to spend 150 dollars on a new proc. It is an E6600.

E6600 should be still under warranty unless you bought it at launch, in which case, it may still be under warranty since Core2Duos launched in august of '06. :p
 
Back
Top