• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by derekbannatyne

  1. D

    Two separate RAID 1s?

    I'm actually having a different dilemma now... I still have the two 160gb hard drives, but I have an additional 320gb hard drive. My new laptop will be arriving soon, and it also has a 320gb hard drive. I'd like to purchase a 640gb hard drive to back up the two 320gb hard drives, but is it...
  2. D

    College Laptop

    The warranty from three to four years is only an $80 jump, but they're offering a free $70 gift card, so it basically makes the difference negligible. As for CAD, I have a desktop as well, so if there's any need for an upgraded graphics card I can easily (cheaply) do that. I'm not even sure if...
  3. D

    College Laptop

    I'm getting ready to purchase a laptop for when I leave for college in August, but I'm still not set on what to get. I'll be going into engineering (not sure which field yet), so I figure that I'll need a relatively top-end laptop with a decent graphics card. I plan on keeping this...
  4. D

    mucho stuff FS :0

    Still haven't heard anything, if PMs aren't working, could you email me at my username @yahoo.com? Thanks.
  5. D

    mucho stuff FS :0

    Sent you a PM a few days ago regarding how to control the fan speeds on the fan controller you sold to me... maybe your inbox is full? Get back to me, thanks.
  6. D

    Ultra Case Sale @ Frys

    I have that Gladiator case and really like it. Got it for around $38 shipped AR a few months ago.
  7. D

    Blu-Ray Movies

    For sale are 5 brand new/sealed Blu-Ray discs: Deja Vu The Guardian Transporter 2 Underworld: Evolution Blazing Saddles $15 shipped each or $65 shipped for all 5 Feel free to email me at my username at yahoo.com, and I've got ebay feedback under abannatyne1. I also have a few...
  8. D

    Strange Motherboard Problem

    All of the molex connectors seem to be fine and there were no scorch marks on the hard drive. When I plugged the drive into an external hard drive to format it, it worked fine; I only had problems when I installed it internally.
  9. D

    Strange Motherboard Problem

    Whoops, yeah I forget to say that, I've got the RAM installed. The motherboard is seeing power I'm guessing, since the bridge fan that's connected to the board is spinning up and I can feel the cpu heatsink getting warm to the touch. The PSU definitely isn't the culprit since I tried a...
  10. D

    Strange Motherboard Problem

    Thanks, thats great to hear! Yeah I tried resetting the CMOS and taking out the battery for a few minutes, looks like the board is toast.
  11. D

    Problem: Computer Won't Start

    The same thing happened to me when I first set up my computer - the problem for me was the metal stands to which you mount the motherboard on. For some reason, the diagram that came with my case depicted an additional stand that wasn't needed, so it caused an electrical short or ground problem...
  12. D

    Strange Motherboard Problem

    Well, I bought a 320gb hard drive as a backup for my other drives, and as soon as I added it, I turned on the computer and received a Windows error message. I unfortunately didn't write it down, but the motherboard won't even post anymore. I'm RMAing it to Foxconn soon, but I'm worried...
  13. D

    FS: My quest to 300+ heatware

    Bump for you, I've got an Athena C.5 speaker (came with the .5 set) and it sounds great for the price. That's a great price for that center.
  14. D

    FS 2X Skt 775 Mobo + Seagate 160 GB SATA

    Sent you a PM a few days ago.
Back
Top