Recent content by Brannigan

  1. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    Not a problem.
  2. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    Yes.
  3. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    I have my fan turned down for quiet and it doesn't seem to matter much. When I started out I wanted ultimate performance so I bought a stronger fan than I needed. After a while the noise gets really annoying, believe me.
  4. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    I'm not sure about that. I would look it up on google. I think the xp-90 is better for temps but the zalman is very quiet(I think).
  5. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    No problem. But save your ears and your money by using the fan that comes with it. If your going to buy another fan anyway your defeating the purpose. I'm not sure if your cpu would be equal to mine at the same speed. If you bought yours recently it may have a bigger cache which supposedly...
  6. B

    OC'd but benchmarks same?

    Download Sisoftware Sandra lite. Run the cpu arithmetic benchmark. 3Dmark is mostly for graphics cards.
  7. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    If you want overkill go for it. I thought I saw earlier in the thread that you want value overall. All I know is my xp-90 does the trick on a clawhammer processor which probably runs hotter than yours assuming it's a 90nm process cpu. Your cpu shouldn't need as much voltage as mine thereby...
  8. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    If you only wan't to overclock to 2400mhz you're paying twice as much for overkill. My xp-90 gets my cpu to over 2600mhz and still runs cooler than the stock heatsink kept it at stock speed.
  9. B

    Recommendations -Best Rheobus fan controller

    Sunbeam rheobus. It can withstand loads of juice and has nice smooth control. I don't know how much you'll like the looks of it. I just shove mine back into the bay as far as possible and hold it steady with a screw. That way it's behind the second door of my case and I don't see it unless I...
  10. B

    Overclocking 3500+

    http://www.jab-tech.com/Thermalright-XP-90-Retail-pr-2474.html If you wan't bang for the buck get an xp-90 at jabtech with fan included for about $32 base price. It's light and works great.
  11. B

    How to confirm IDE lock?

    I see. In that case I,m even more confused about this strange phenomenon with dvd\cd drives while playing F.E.A.R. and overclocking. I know I've kind of beaten this thing to death with my other post but I really wan't to overclock. Whenever I oc the machine while playing said game the drive...
  12. B

    How to confirm IDE lock?

    Anybody know of a free downloadable program or feature of xp that can check IDE frequency?
  13. B

    eVGA 7800gt and zalman vf700

    Oops. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.
  14. B

    DVD drive freaks out when overclocking.Plezhlp

    I'm hoping this might work because my sata hard disk seems to be working fine and I know the pci buses are locked.
Back
Top