How to confirm IDE lock?

Brannigan

n00b
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
28
Anybody know of a free downloadable program or feature of xp that can check IDE frequency?
 
It's not a program, it usually happens at around 240MHz HTT, but I could be wrong on that...
 
he's saying that if you can get past 240mhz, you're probably in the clear as far as locking down all the various buses goes

btw, it's pci bus you should be worried about, not ide.. ide simply runs off of the pci ;)
 
I see. In that case I,m even more confused about this strange phenomenon with dvd\cd drives while playing F.E.A.R. and overclocking. I know I've kind of beaten this thing to death with my other post but I really wan't to overclock. Whenever I oc the machine while playing said game the drive with the game disk in it goes crazy making the sound of frantic seeking until I
shut the game down. This stops when I change back to stock settings in bios. I confirmed a pci\pcie lock with clockgen so I'm lost at this point. I got MSI on the phone and they had no idea. Go figure. I also finally tried a different drive just to make sure and it did the same thing.
 
Back
Top